Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How I would LOVE the conversation between Levy and Perez to go in the summer

Perez: "We want Paulinho in the Summer Daniel, We will loan you 2 players to help your team if you give us first refusal in the summer"
Levy: " you know what, Flo old chap? You have a deal. Send the 2 over"

6 months later

Perez: " So Daniel, about Paulinho, glad the 2 loanees worked out for you, the did a great job, how much shall we pay you for Pauli?"

Levy: " Flo? You can have him for 50 million go fuck yourselves, with a sell on clause of your mum and a kiss my rich arse every month for 6 months, How is that deal for you?"

Perez: " Oh, you changed your mind then?"

Levy: " Yes"

In all likelihood we won't be seeing any new signings this transfer window, so i am not raising my hopes up. Sherwood is in charge now so Levy will probably wait until summer to make a decision, that also means no transfers as far as i'm concerned.

The situation is not too grim though, apart from LB where we at least need cover for Rose, we have a strong enough squad. Right now, i think it's way more important that the players that we have started clicking instead of signing anyone new who might need time to settle.

Cheers Johnny.. So the talk of him plus cash for Lamela is not a good move then?
Vucinic is one of the better strikers that we have been linked with this winter, but him plus cash for Lamela would just be a mistake (also considering that the cash amount might not be too high anyway). It would not be like Levy to buy a 30 year old striker and sell a 21 year old prospect like Erik. Anyway, i don't see this happening at all and i consider it to be lazy journalism.

What do people make of this Mirko Vucinic dude?
His name has been bandied about with respect to Spurs for years, but I'd rather keep Lamela and just figure out a way to get him firing rather than continue to shuffle the deck about.

edit: Maybe one hint would be that Lamela will never come good if he doesn't get any minutes.

Hint, hint.

Last edited:
What exactly does Sherwood have against Holtby?

Seems to me that he prefers the old school central midfielders, that were at least solid in defending and going forward. It's only been recently that with the move to modern three-man central midfields that we've developed terms such as CDM, CAM, box-to-box, deep-lying playmaker, etc. Dembele and Paulinho rather perfectly fit that mold, while Holtby falls into the modern categories because he's not great at protecting the backline.

Seems to me that he prefers the old school central midfielders, that were at least solid in defending and going forward. It's only been recently that with the move to modern three-man central midfields that we've developed terms such as CDM, CAM, box-to-box, deep-lying playmaker, etc. Dembele and Paulinho rather perfectly fit that mold, while Holtby falls into the modern categories because he's not great at protecting the backline.

Nor should he. I want that rabid bull dog chasing dat ball down and slippin it in deep to Ade. :ledleylick:

Back
Top Bottom