Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You can't pre-contract players in your own country. (FM suggests that anyway so could be total bollocks).

Tom Carroll recalled after bossing the championship.
I thought players had the right to talk to other clubs if they only had 6 months remaining on their contract?

Just looked it up, only applies to players 23 years+.

fyFmg4y.gif

Any guesses on who is the first signing of January? I'm betting a GK. Think we need to look for a young, very athletic GK very soon. I would be surprised if by next Summer Barca isn't all over Lloris. We also don't have a keeper who plays Lloris style (Except youth keepers, I don't know much about their styles)
Fret not; Levy will make them sign a 'special relationship' agreement first. :troll:

Any guesses on who is the first signing of January? I'm betting a GK. Think we need to look for a young, very athletic GK very soon. I would be surprised if by next Summer Barca isn't all over Lloris. We also don't have a keeper who plays Lloris style (Except youth keepers, I don't know much about their styles)
No don't say that about Hugo. I don't even want to think about seeing another person in goal :vdvcry:

It took 22 minutes after the window closed to open this thread? Fucking amateurs.

Anyway, I'd suggest that if we don't break the bank for Moutinho, it'll be a massive mistake.

Wouldn't it be nice if the transfer window was confined to one week at the end of July. Plenty of time for clubs to get deals in place before the window opens, and plenty of time to wheel and deal. Once it's done it's done, no interfering with the season, no 3 month long "sagas" and I'm sure Sky would be happy with the drama of clubs having less time to get things done. Can you imagine the wank fest they would come out with if we just had one or two days to do transfers. They would put Jim White on a drip and keep him on air the whole time.

Back
Top Bottom