Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Me personally I don't watch any Brazilian football, maybe highlights and youtube clips buts that's it... I have read Damiao isn't playing as well as he was... Not sure if it's bcoz he doesn't have the same players around him (his team sold 2-3 of their big names in the summer) or his just playing shit... Personally I still want him, just bcoz his not scoring goals does not nessesarily mean his shit or not talented... It's a good chance to get him for cheaper...of course it's a risk but tbh no one really else to buy, except to go back in for benteke...
Hernandez I don't think is a good option for spurs ether I did c we r linked with an Icelandic striker by ur scummy press but not sure of the truth of that though on youtube he does look good

I remember listening to a world football phone in with Andy Brassell and he said that Damiao's lack of formal training had meant a lack of discipline; also meant that he wasn't used to opposition players adapting to him so his role in the team was providing diminishing returns. Anyway you look at it : not worth the money.

I remember listening to a world football phone in with Andy Brassell and he said that Damiao's lack of formal training had meant a lack of discipline; also meant that he wasn't used to opposition players adapting to him so his role in the team was providing diminishing returns. Anyway you look at it : not worth the money.
I agree, for 20 million not worth it...but if we could get him for around 10 it might be worth a stab...if u guys want a big point man traore from Anzhi might b another option

Report: Tottenham Hotspur have first refusal on Clint Dempsey loan

Tottenham Hotspur have got first refusal on a two-month loan deal for Clint Dempsey, according to a report.

The 30-year-old midfielder left White Hart Lane for Seattle Sounders in August, but a clause in his contract with the MLS outfit allows him to go out on loan during the off-season.

According to The Mirror, the North Londoners are first in line, although there is also thought to be strong interest from Fulham, Aston Villa and Everton.

"Clint's contract allows him to go on loan for the off-season," Sounders general manager Adrian Hanauer is quoted as saying.

"All parties are working on a deal and we won't be surprised if it happens."

The United States international, who moved to Craven Cottage from New England Revolution in 2007, joined Spurs last year.
:dempsey:

Would rather see our boys fight it out for a place ...
Though, I wouldn't be surprised if it does happen. He does score at valuable moments.
So, I guess it just depends on how much our (attacking) players are clicking come January.

I can't see him coming back here. AVB is clearly having enough problems getting his players to gel as is, so bringing in a guy that'll just be gone again soon after anyway does more harm than good IMO. And believe you me, I was delighted to see the American in a Spurs shirt.

If Dempsey comes back who will he play over? Chadli, Lennon, Townsend, Lamela, Siggy - any of those at LW? Holtby, Eriksen, Siggy - any of those at CAM? I'd love to see him come back, but I don't think he will. He is on big wages, and would be pretty worthless to us. He doesn't play our style and would only add more depth to two of the deepest positions already.

RE: Keeper; Lloris is going to be sought after in the summer, without doubt. Monaco have already made noises and with Valdes probably leaving, last I checked, and Barca on the market, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they enquired.

That said, it would benefit any young keeper to work alongside Hugo for as long as possible. I don't know how instinctive Lloris' anticipation is but if it can be taught, then it needs teaching early.

RE: Keeper; Lloris is going to be sought after in the summer, without doubt. Monaco have already made noises and with Valdes probably leaving, last I checked, and Barca on the market, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they enquired.

That said, it would benefit any young keeper to work alongside Hugo for as long as possible. I don't know how instinctive Lloris' anticipation is but if it can be taught, then it needs teaching early.

Any chance of snagging Courtais? Or is he a Chav cunt through and through no matter how many times they look him over for an old man in a helmet.

I gave you a 'like' hoping to get you to 1,000 reps. I am nice like that.....but also a cunt.

If Dempsey comes back who will he play over? Chadli, Lennon, Townsend, Lamela, Siggy - any of those at LW? Holtby, Eriksen, Siggy - any of those at CAM? I'd love to see him come back, but I don't think he will. He is on big wages, and would be pretty worthless to us. He doesn't play our style and would only add more depth to two of the deepest positions already.

What style? If anything we play slower than last season (and score less).

He won't come back due to playing time but would for sure play over Chadli and Sig when he is going through a dry spell.

Im pretty sure Valdes has all but agreed to join Monaco, and i can see Reina going to Barca, would love Lloris to sign a new contract before the summer. Along with AVB, Jan and Kaboul!

I heard Monaco have been told that their players now have to pay 75% tax like the rest of the league. If this is true they will do well to keep / attract more top players. 200K into 50K. Ouch.

I heard Monaco have been told that their players now have to pay 75% tax like the rest of the league. If this is true they will do well to keep / attract more top players. 200K into 50K. Ouch.
TBF, it's a 75% marginal income tax rate on every euro over a certain point (I think 100k€?) Granted, these players are making 100k/wk, but let's say that the first week is taxed "reasonably." They then get 25k every week for the rest of the year :)

Back
Top Bottom