Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm excited for our signings. If they succeed the national media will praise Baldini as a hero, if they don't well AVB knows nothing about football anyway. Simple.

It's incredible how all summer the media hailed Baldini then when some of our signings haven't had a rip roaring start it is AVB's fault. Bloke can't win.

Does anyone know (or care) how Jake Livermore is doing at Hull. Haven't really kept up with it. I'm still convinced he has little to no future at Spurs

Does anyone know (or care) how Jake Livermore is doing at Hull. Haven't really kept up with it. I'm still convinced he has little to no future at Spurs

He's doing really well at Hull, he needed to though to make himself an attractive prospect for potential Premier League suitors.

He's doing pretty decent. Though it would be best for all parties if we could sell Livermore.
However, I did read that Bruce said he was worried Spurs may recall Livermore in Jan. - I highly doubt it.

I'm excited for our signings. If they succeed the national media will praise Baldini as a hero, if they don't well AVB knows nothing about football anyway. Simple.

It's incredible how all summer the media hailed Baldini then when some of our signings haven't had a rip roaring start it is AVB's fault. Bloke can't win.

Eriksen, Soldado and Lamela are going to be amazing in this League.

Source: watching football other than the Premier League over the last few seasons. Unlike many in the press.

Eriksen, Soldado and Lamela are going to be amazing in this League.

Source: watching football other than the Premier League over the last few seasons. Unlike many in the press.
I am getting worried about Soldado. Eriksen I think could be amazing, he just needs to gain a little consistency. He has looked equal parts brilliant and anonymous.

And it's an absolute shame that Lamela has become the latest media target in their crusade against Spurs. He has NOT looked all that bad thus far, in his limited appearances. I don't think any of us expected him to come in from day one and replace Bale's goals and performances. Not with the massive change that he's made, and learning a new language. It is far, far too early to start labeling him a failure, before he's even taken his fair shot.

Other than that little rough stretch before that Europa game (where he scored his 1st for us), I think Lamela has looked great. No idea why he isn't getting much run. Azza has been great lately, but I don't get why he isn't a first bench option or at least starting in these Europa/cup games more often.

I understand the language barrier making it take a little longer for him integrate fully into the team, but you can tell he will be good. His off-ball movements and dribbling are incredible.

I am getting worried about Soldado. Eriksen I think could be amazing, he just needs to gain a little consistency. He has looked equal parts brilliant and anonymous.

And it's an absolute shame that Lamela has become the latest media target in their crusade against Spurs. He has NOT looked all that bad thus far, in his limited appearances. I don't think any of us expected him to come in from day one and replace Bale's goals and performances. Not with the massive change that he's made, and learning a new language. It is far, far too early to start labeling him a failure, before he's even taken his fair shot.

any news on eriksens injury/when he will be back?

hmmmm... If I recall correctly then in Football Manager if a club is paying a player's wages then that player can't be recalled.

Is it the same in real life?
It's my understanding that recalling a player is possible (or not) on a case-by-case basis. There isn't a magic bullet (loan fee, wages, the lack thereof, etc.) that guarantees that a player can be recalled. After all, on FM it's one of many terms of loan.

I sincerely hope there is some truth in that, as he is a top young player and would slip into our team nicely.

Some might be upset that it would make Rose 2nd LB again, but if we are really looking to compete at the top, he isn't good enough in my opinion.

Levyavblloris.gif

Back
Top Bottom