Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Simples, we will not sign anyone. You can discuss this subject as long as you like, but it won't change matters. Watch my lips, we will NOT sign anyone

With Tim Sherwood apparently being told by Mr Levy "that before we can buy anybody in January, we have to sell some players" (haven't we heard this sort of crap from Levy before - like in virtually every January transfer window).
Anyway putting that aside - who do you think we should sell and who should we buy ?

SELL
Livermore to Hull (he has reportedly stated that he would like to stay with them).
Naughton to anybody who wants him.
Gomes (do we still have him ?) to anybody who wants him.
Bentley (again do we still have him ?) to anybody who wants him.
Defoe to Toronto FC (seems like he has made his mind up already about going - allegedly).

BUY
Huddlestone back from Hull (should never have sold him in the first place).
Hernandez from Man Utd (he's a proven premier league goalscorer).
Buttner from Man Utd (left back cover is desperately something we need).

GET
Assou-Ekotto back from loan at QPR.

LOAN
Fredericks & Coulthurst to any top ten championship clubs (to make them that little bit better - although they are both good at the moment).

What are your opinions on who we should buy, sell or send out on loan.

Sell Livermore to hull
Sell Gomes
Loan out Siggy to a PL team

Look for an older, experienced LB on loan.
Look for a younger striker on loan
Let Levy be Levy and have him buy us one top prospect in the world for very cheap (Holtby)

If we let Levy be Levy and have him buy one 'so-called' top player - it would be left to the last half an hour on deadline day, & it would be somebody who is cheap and probably getting on a bit (as nobody else would want them - remember Saha, Cudicini etc). So if we do that we'll probably end up with somebody like Ricardo Carvalho or Rio Ferdinand as examples

If we let Levy be Levy and have him buy one 'so-called' top player - it would be left to the last half an hour on deadline day, & it would be somebody who is cheap and probably getting on a bit (as nobody else would want them - remember Saha, Cudicini etc). So if we do that we'll probably end up with somebody like Ricardo Carvalho or Rio Ferdinand as examples

I'm not going to turn this into a Levy thread but I have to point out that the man you clearly dislike has brought in 7 players (Re investing every penny of the Bale transfer money - AND more if you factor in wages...) and we already have a bloated squad. It doesn't appear that way at the moment though because of the vast amount of injuries we currently have. I'd honestly be happy if we just bought a left back and another Striker. That is it.

Oh, and shipping out a few players on the way, Defoe, Livermore, etc...

Baldini is here so Levy focuses on the business side. None of the players you brought up will be brought in. Levy will buy a player that he feels can make him a profit or is steal. None of the players you named are either.

With Tim Sherwood apparently being told by Mr Levy "that before we can buy anybody in January, we have to sell some players" (haven't we heard this sort of crap from Levy before - like in virtually every January transfer window).
Anyway putting that aside - who do you think we should sell and who should we buy ?

SELL
Livermore to Hull (he has reportedly stated that he would like to stay with them).
Naughton to anybody who wants him.
Gomes (do we still have him ?) to anybody who wants him.
Bentley (again do we still have him ?) to anybody who wants him.
Defoe to Toronto FC (seems like he has made his mind up already about going - allegedly).

BUY
Huddlestone back from Hull (should never have sold him in the first place).
Hernandez from Man Utd (he's a proven premier league goalscorer).
Buttner from Man Utd (left back cover is desperately something we need).

GET
Assou-Ekotto back from loan at QPR.

LOAN
Fredericks & Coulthurst to any top ten championship clubs (to make them that little bit better - although they are both good at the moment).

What are your opinions on who we should buy, sell or send out on loan.
Sell everyone and buy Bale back!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is it just me that thinks Fryers is better than Naughton (or at least will be in a year or two)? I'd sell Naughton and bring in some cover at right back before I'd think about a left back

Back
Top Bottom