Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't see this Long thing happening myself. Our manager likes developing our youth so he'd give them a chance if Ade or Soldado were injured/needed a rest. I guess he might get a different type of striker in to give more options but other than that it doesn't make much sense.

I still rate Benteke but the price would have to be a lot less now than was talked about last summer. He's been in poor form.

I don't see this Long thing happening myself. Our manager likes developing our youth so he'd give them a chance if Ade or Soldado were injured/needed a rest. I guess he might get a different type of striker in to give more options but other than that it doesn't make much sense.

I still rate Benteke but the price would have to be a lot less now than was talked about last summer. He's been in poor form.
I'd LOVE Benteke, but i think he will go elsewhere, think he's mobile enough to work with both Ade and Soldado

Read again about pirlo...thinking that when paulinho gets back he could do a very similar job. So I'm closing g this one as another player we don't need, even if it is one of the best. Plus paulinho ads an extra bit of flair, which we all love to see

It's a good sign of squad strength when Sigurdsson is pretty much our "worst" senior player, isn't it.

Well, I'd describe him as one of our less influential players because he doesn't suite the system. The fact however that he can still do this is an incredible testament to our squad depth.

sigurdsson.gif

siggy is a great player, he's just a very difficult player to fit into alot of systems. For him to be in his best position he has to play the no.10 role, which unfortunately he's not good enough to play for the top 8 clubs.

Yet you want us to sign Altidore, even though he's scored fewer goals this season than Long?

:paulinhofacepalm: someone seems to be incapable of deciphering between the beating of a dead horse as a joke and reality.

but seriously...yes. Jozy is better than Long...the beef just happens to be on the worst possible squad in this league...squad so bad Giaccherini looks horrible. Still doesn't mean I want him...would rather have Benteke..or Lukaku..all three are similar in their style of play...Lukaku obviously being the tits. Benteke may have shown a first season dream, but still has talent...and Jozy unfortuntely is on a horrible squad, with horrible moral.

:paulinhofacepalm: someone seems to be incapable of deciphering between the beating of a dead horse as a joke and reality.

but seriously...yes. Jozy is better than Long...the beef just happens to be on the worst possible squad in this league...squad so bad Giaccherini looks horrible. Still doesn't mean I want him...would rather have Benteke..or Lukaku..all three are similar in their style of play...Lukaku obviously being the tits. Benteke may have shown a first season dream, but still has talent...and Jozy unfortuntely is on a horrible squad, with horrible moral.

Cozy Jozy? For real? Why don't we just sign Adebayo Akinfenwa? Same type of player to me, fairly ungifted with a MASSIVE physical presence. :adelol:
AdebayoAkinfenwa_2700499.jpg

It's a good sign of squad strength when Sigurdsson is pretty much our "worst" senior player, isn't it.

Unfair on Siggy, the goals he has scored for us tend to be important ones. He really ever plays in his natural position of an attacking centre midfielder, and in terms of shooting from long range, he's up there with Eriksen. At Swansea he was in the team week in week out and performed. I also don't believe he is our worst senior player.

If Defoe is off as expected then Long coming in is to provide backup to our two strikers - same as Harry Kane rather than instead of.

The only reason I don't see Siggy moving on just yet is his age and that he is homegrown. I'd be surprised if Carroll is recalled, we are already overloaded in midfield now we are playing with two strikers.

Unfair on Siggy, the goals he has scored for us tend to be important ones. He really ever plays in his natural position of an attacking centre midfielder, and in terms of shooting from long range, he's up there with Eriksen. At Swansea he was in the team week in week out and performed. I also don't believe he is our worst senior player.

The point I was making was that Siggy is a good player; yet our squad is so strong that a player as good as Siggy is the one who would drop off the bottom. Being the worst isn't the same as being bad, it's purely relative to everyone else. If we had Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, van Persie and Rooney up front, you could call Rooney the worst to the same effect.

The point I was making was that Siggy is a good player; yet our squad is so strong that a player as good as Siggy is the one who would drop off the bottom. Being the worst isn't the same as being bad, it's purely relative to everyone else. If we had Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, van Persie and Rooney up front, you could call Rooney the worst to the same effect.

Yeah. Fair point. I agree with what your saying to an extent, just have an affection for Siggy and as I do for all the spurs players, I want them to do well

Back
Top Bottom