Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Steven Fletcher is a better player than Long.

Carroll is not in the Derby team to play Chelsea today. Perhaps set to be recalled.

Carroll is not in the Derby team to play Chelsea today. Perhaps set to be recalled.

Fletcher wins a hell of a lot in the air and can finish so wouldn't be a bad plan b when bereft of ideas and resort to going long. Prob dont need another injury prone player though.

Carroll's withArry at QPR - it was Smith at derby who's now back with us iirc

I like Fletcher, always have since he was at Wolves. Smart player.

Carroll is at QPR, not Derby Edit - I see I was a bit slow...

Long and Fletcher are decent players who wouldn't kick up much of a fuss being third choice but fuck me they'd be some uninspiring signings. Both hardworking players

aaahhhhh fuck this levy is a fucking CUNT.

yeah cos we need a striker with a fancy foreign name who is on you tube and will cost us £18m, where as we could get a proven premier league striker like Fletcher.......I guess if Fletcher had a flashy name and has scored some goals for FC amazon rain forest then he must be good. Fletcher would score goals if he came to us but wont as we have to have 'top ' signings, regardless of their ability to fit into a style and team that play a cetain way. Personally I have seen enough shit foreign strikers at this club to last a lifetime, the only foreign one of note recently has been Berbatov.

cant see us getting Fletcher, didnt they pay £14Mill for him so we'd have to bid at least 15!

We talk about needing people better than long or Fletcher and Remy in the summer but look at our current strikers. before i start just want to say i love robbie and watching him play is a joy but its impossible not to look at his goal return after his stats for Valencia. Shane Long has scored 3 in 14 (league), Soldado has scored 5 in 18 (and thats including pens). Maybe just maybe we should give a chance to a good cheap striker even just in the short term, who is hungry to prove himself, just go back to when we signed Saha, he ended up doing ok by anyones standards for a player who cost nothing.

Anyone who thinks Tim is actually going to keep this job beyond the summer (assuming he doesn't magically get 4th) is smoking something I want to try and is most likely Tim himself, so there is no point spending 15-20 mill on any player. So why not sign someone like long for 4-8 mill and give him a chance. then if the new man doesnt like him or he doesnt do that well we can either make a profit or at least break even on him.

Plus don't forget, if we sign long we can make Long cock jokes :sherwoodlol:

Anyone we get in January would be way overpriced or a risk. Id stick with the kids as backup for the three we still have or use lamela behind bob or ade (presuming jd is staying, dont understand getting rid of him when we actually need him) but get some experience in at left back / centre back cover

Anyone we get in January would be way overpriced or a risk. Id stick with the kids as backup for the three we still have or use lamela behind bob or ade (presuming jd is staying, dont understand getting rid of him when we actually need him) but get some experience in at left back / centre back cover
Remember Holtby was cheap a year ago. I just hope Levy and Baldini have a few targets and that they get them in before the end of the month

If we are going for mediocre strikers, we may as well give Crouchy a go 3rd time around. He has a clear tactical purpose in games were we cannot break down the opposition defence.

What a pointless thread IMO.

Have we not got enough new players/loan returnees to settle in??!!

Oh but we need a LB.

BAE? Fryers?

Yeah but what about another striker?

Kane. Defoe still plays for us, don't he? If he wants to go he can at the end of the season.

What we need is some midfielders. :troll:

Ffs.

Remember Holtby was cheap a year ago. I just hope Levy and Baldini have a few targets and that they get them in before the end of the month

That was cos he had 6 months left on his deal to be fair, but i take your point - if there was an option on someone who'se current deal was expiring soon then we would certainly have to look at it

Back
Top Bottom