Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

@ cahspur cahspur that's bony 13th goal this season
cahspur, post: 452123, member: 2291"]I think he's the worst striker in the Prem, and doesn't even move or run like an athlete. Would not be cool with this.

Works for them, but he wouldn't work in our system. He is incredibly unathletic, and rarely creates his own goals. Erego, he'd be doing no better than our current strikers.

Someone like Long of Fletcher as back up striker would be fine lwith me. Doesn't have to be either of those particularly, just an 'unglamorous striker' who would be cheap and be a good squad member. I'm assuming Defoe is history now. We also need a LB, CB or utility defender. Lescott would be a great addition to the squad IMHO.

Someone like Long of Fletcher as back up striker would be fine lwith me. Doesn't have to be either of those particularly, just an 'unglamorous striker' who would be cheap and be a good squad member. I'm assuming Defoe is history now. We also need a LB, CB or utility defender. Lescott would be a great addition to the squad IMHO.
But i dont want CHEAP and unglamourous players at my club. I want expensive and classy players. I'm sorry but we're Tottenham Hotspur and we should be aiming higher than the likes Fletcher and Shane Fucking Long

WE NEED TO SPASH DAT CASH!!!!!!!!!!

EL Shar- BOOM BOUGHT HIM
ZOUMA- BOOM BOUGHT HIM
SHAW-BOOM BOOOM BOUGHT HIM
ROSSI-BOOM BOUGHT HIM

Keffiyeh_throwing_cash.gif

People are confused about what we are looking for in January. We aren't trying to buy first choice players as we have tons of players and it is almost impossible to buy quality in January. We are looking for depth to combat injuries and allow us to rotate properly.

Three places where we lack that depth current is CB, LB, and ST. I'd love a winter of Lescott and Buttner on loan and Fletcher. The thing is, if they don't end up playing much it is actually a good thing! Because it will mean we are healthy. They are insurance policies. We have the quality necessary to close out the season well, but our injuries have been crippling and adding players that could do a job as backups is extremely important. Not every player is in the starting 11. It's a squad game and we have injuries that are really hurting our ability to succeed in the squad game.

It's a bit like last year where everyone was going "why didn't we sign Michu for £2m?".
But had AVB/Levy announced that we're signing this 26/27 year old from Real Vallecano for only 2 million pounds, there'd be uproar - "who is this guy" "I've never even heard of him" "Surely if he was any good he'd have done something by this age" "He can't be that good if they only spent 2 mill on him" "We're tottenham hotspur, we should be aiming higher than this!"

It's a bit like last year where everyone was going "why didn't we sign Michu for £2m?".
But had AVB/Levy announced that we're signing this 26/27 year old from Real Vallecano for only 2 million pounds, there'd be uproar - "who is this guy" "I've never even heard of him" "Surely if he was any good he'd have done something by this age" "He can't be that good if they only spent 2 mill on him" "We're tottenham hotspur, we should be aiming higher than this!"

or signed benteke for 6 million for that matter ether...
we are tottenham hotspur which means we should have some half decent scouts to get us good players for cheap...
paying outrageous sums for players shouldnt be looked at as a badge of honor...

:lennon: In his last two matches he's pretty much destroyed both City's and United's defences. Should have bought him in the summer.

Scorin goals doesn't mean he's athletic. You can make your argument all you want he's a decent player, but that dude's run is a waddle and I'll argue to my dying breath he's not got an athletic cell in his body. He's got a decent shot and decent positional awareness, but don't let that deceive you.

He's scorin goals, but I maintain he would do no better for us than our current strikers.

Scorin goals doesn't mean he's athletic. You can make your argument all you want he's a decent player, but that dude's run is a waddle and I'll argue to my dying breath he's not got an athletic cell in his body. He's got a decent shot and decent positional awareness, but don't let that deceive you.

He's scorin goals, but I maintain he would do no better for us than our current strikers.
He's strong as an ox and very good in the air. His limitations seems to be in the technical department.

A lot of strikers being discussed but the back line is dire without Vertonghen. I'd prefer to focus here.

I feel the same. We're talking possible replacements for our third choice striker while we have a sinkhole at left back that is hurting us, which consequently caused one of our best players to be also be hurt during a vital period after trying to fill it in. I have my first serious doubts with the current regime if we fail to bring in at least another left back this window. Yes, I see that as worse than selling Modric or Bale for top dollar after wanting to leave anyway.

If Timmy Sherwood ever gets chance at a transfer window, I'd be very very interested in seeing who his targets are. I mean, some people honestly believe that he's like Redknapp even regarding the transfers too. That's laughable and ignorant imo.

Apparently, according to those better reliable jounos (the Burt types), Sherwood (when a technical director) really wanted us to sign ... Isco ... when we could have gotten him for around about or less than 10 million GBP!

But AVB wanted Moutinho for much more. Well, imo that's fair play because it should be the manager to decide his targets not some technical director.

But still ... that fact that Sherwood pushed for Isco, who clearly is a gem of a player, really makes me curious about Sherwood's transfer plans ... that is if he ever gets to make them.

If Timmy Sherwood ever gets chance at a transfer window, I'd be very very interested in seeing who his targets are. I mean, some people honestly believe that he's like Redknapp even regarding the transfers too. That's laughable and ignorant imo.

Apparently, according to those better reliable jounos (the Burt types), Sherwood (when a technical director) really wanted us to sign ... Isco ... when we could have gotten him for around about or less than 10 million GBP!

But AVB wanted Moutinho for much more. Well, imo that's fair play because it should be the manager to decide his targets not some technical director.

But still ... that fact that Sherwood pushed for Isco, who clearly is a gem of a player, really makes me curious about Sherwood's transfer plans ... that is if he ever gets to make them.

We are getting Saha aren't we... :harrylol:

Harry Redknapp: Tottenham ace perfect for Manchester City at £40m

Writing in his column for The Sun on Sunday, Redknapp comments that the Belgian would be the ideal player to fill a gap at Manchester City.

"The defence is not so solid and the guy who could put that right at a stroke is Jan Vertonghen.

"The deal to take him to Spurs was just being finalised when I left, and I think he's one of the best defenders in world football.

"The way he brings the ball out of defence makes him perfect for City. He would probably cost around £40 million, but an all-Belgian central defensive duo of Vertonghen and Vincent Kompany could prove priceless."

'Arry is a cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt and ... a wheeler dealer.

And if this gives Citeh any ideas ... ima gonna send :adeninja:

Back
Top Bottom