Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ryan Bertrand has gone on loan to Villa... We've missed a big trick here.. We are much in need of a decent LB and he would've fit the bill. I know that the Chavs may not want to do business with us but it should've been
Looked into..
We would have ended up over-paying for him I think. He's English so you have to +£10 million on to any transfer fee

Are we still gelling by the way?

I think I heard fives times a day under AVB.

No one says it anymore...

:avbcringe:
There's a big difference between AVB and Sherwood. AVB was all about a system, all the players have to be on the same wavelength for that to work whereas Sherwood is all about "Play your best individual football and something will happen".

Leaves us 1 injury away from Harry Kane playing up front.

I wouldnt mind to see him given a go to be honest....

I mean, he was deemed good enough by AVB at the start of last season (even though Ade was out injured), and we began the campaign with just Defoe and Kane.

18 months have passed, so he must be even more ready now.

There's a big difference between AVB and Sherwood. AVB was all about a system, all the players have to be on the same wavelength for that to work whereas Sherwood is all about "Play your best individual football and something will happen".

Ahhh ok, we are not gelling anymore then.

Oh well, at least we are winning

It feels so fucking good to have a man like Baldini at Spurs, instead of Mr Comolli and Arnesen. I really think, without Baldini, we could've spend x1000 more in the last summer, on targets similar to Hutton and Bentley.:harryhmm:

Pretty harsh on him considering the time he's been here...
That isn't me having a go at him, I have a lot of time for managers that try to get the players playing good football and I'm sure he'll become a bit more tactical as the season progresses. He's said himself, he first and foremost wants players giving their all.

I'm simplifying but that's the general idea with Sherwood for now at least.

That isn't me having a go at him, I have a lot of time for managers that try to get the players playing good football and I'm sure he'll become a bit more tactical as the season progresses.He's said himself, he first and foremost wants players giving their all.

Fair enough. I think he's already got a few ideas about how he wants us to play, certainly more than just trying to get every individual playing their best.

So we wont click then?

Thats a relief, the way people carried on i feared it make a noise so loud it would blow my windows in.

Our stadium is currently only just over 36k and I dread to think how much Adebayor is on - I'd guess at more than double.

Might be a few others on 100k+ too...

Clubs get ££m's from TV rights and sponsorship, so stadium capacity a moot point really to a degree (as you can also just charge double dollar)

If that's the case, why is QPR's owner pinning all his hopes on building a new 40k stadium in Old Oak?

If that's the case, why is QPR's owner pinning all his hopes on building a new 40k stadium in Old Oak?

Because a new stadium opens new doors for sponsorship (naming rights etc.) and increases the value of the club.
It wasn't a definitive, more a case of stating that basing unrealistic wages on an 18k stadium is stupid when you take into account that we have a small (comparatively) stadium and yet I'm sure we have very high earners

Are we still gelling by the way?

I think I heard fives times a day under AVB.

No one says it anymore...

:avbcringe:
Gel is not a problem...

roberto-soldado-unai-emary-2011-2-14-8-51-21.jpg

Back
Top Bottom