Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Always just looked like a complete pace merchant to me, don't think technically he's particularly gifted

He's got decent dribbling skills, but his shots were awful. Granted, he does score every once in awhile, but most of them are still in orbit. When one takes as many shots as he does, every once in awhile they're bound to go in.

Should be fun when he meets the boss man then.

article-0-0F47605700000578-70_634x484.jpg
Well thats what excessive monies does.

I'd like to know just how much money we have to spend. We've been breaking even the last few years, this £100 Million label means nothing, obviously. Daniel Levy has been cleverly hoarding since our Champions League foray, there's cash there, but just how much!!!???

Surely we have enough money to swoop for the Berb, and a little bit extra for a decent left back? My money would be heading the way of the little Ninja Shinji Kagawa. With the arrival of Juan Mata, little Kaggy will have his konk out of place. Get him to the Lane. For a laugh follow @evilkagawa.

I'd like to know just how much money we have to spend. We've been breaking even the last few years, this £100 Million label means nothing, obviously. Daniel Levy has been cleverly hoarding since our Champions League foray, there's cash there, but just how much!!!???

Surely we have enough money to swoop for the Berb, and a little bit extra for a decent left back? My money would be heading the way of the little Ninja Shinji Kagawa. With the arrival of Juan Mata, little Kaggy will have his konk out of place. Get him to the Lane. For a laugh follow @evilkagawa.

we are a hamster on a wheel, wait until we sell verts and lloris, spend 50m. then the morons will come out in full force calling us big spending spurs.

You should be an accountant.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/b...refuses-to-shake-hands-with-maccabi-tel-aviv/

Interpret it as you will, but the indication there is not good. Even a twelve year old would be aware of the situation enough to make the effort to do what you have to do in a likewise situation in order to avoid the obvious inclinations here.

Jews arnt a race, so technically he can't be called a racist...obvisously on a football pitch we should leave politics aside, but in real life I can only sympathise with any Arab/ Muslim who doesn't want to shake an isreali's hand..

@ Dan D Dan D is this correct?
he play for the national team as right centre back and Goian as left centre back :) ,anyway he's natural on both sides (right and left central back) ! just thinking that Jan Vertonghen will make comeback (could be Vlad on the right side-RCB,Jan as LCB), or the manager could play classic Dawson-Vertonghen, good that he have many solutions here in defense,to not forget that also Kaboul enter in in the system soon... painful solutions to choose for Sherwood:paulinhofacepalm:

You would have to seriously consider the reserve game played against Spam was not only for the benefit of giving Sandro, Vertonghen, Paulinho and Kabs valuable game time but also to put the likes of Capoue, Holtby, Sigurdsson and Kane in the January shopping window.
By all accounts everything went well for the returning injured and potential exits.

I still think we can reduce the squad (loans or sale) by up to 4 from any of:
Gomes, Friedel, Capoue, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Chadli, Dembele or Kane

With one striker to come in if Kane goes on loan.

As we only have say 20-24 games remaining I have thrown Dembele into a potential sale as he is now realistically competing with Sandro, Paulinho and Bentaleb for a starting spot with his sale of around 15mill makes good financial sense for Levy.

You would have to seriously consider the reserve game played against Spam was not only for the benefit of giving Sandro, Vertonghen, Paulinho and Kabs valuable game time but also to put the likes of Capoue, Holtby, Sigurdsson and Kane in the January shopping window.
By all accounts everything went well for the returning injured and potential exits.

I still think we can reduce the squad (loans or sale) by up to 4 from any of:
Gomes, Friedel, Capoue, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Chadli, Dembele or Kane

With one striker to come in if Kane goes on loan.

As we only have say 20-24 games remaining I have thrown Dembele into a potential sale as he is now realistically competing with Sandro, Paulinho and Bentaleb for a starting spot with his sale of around 15mill makes good financial sense for Levy.
As long as TS is around, Dembele will not be sold ... which is a good thing, imo.

Back
Top Bottom