Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As we only have say 20-24 games remaining I have thrown Dembele into a potential sale as he is now realistically competing with Sandro, Paulinho and Bentaleb for a starting spot with his sale of around 15mill makes good financial sense for Levy.

Sell Dembele....

Shaq.gif.pagespeed.ce.Xc-mFHmw9b.gif

We're already at the very least one midfielder too many with Bentaleb now in the first XI and Adebayor taking what was previously a midfield slot.

We have cover for every single midfield position to boot, we're actually balanced in the first XI and in the squad. Makes no sense we would look at anyone else in midfield especially as all our midfielders are talented - when Siggy is the weakest link (as suggested by many here) then we don't have a problem in this area. When we're being linked with the same players we were linked under AVB as well I think we can mostly ignore this speculation.

If anyone comes in it will be a left back, I'm also waiting to hear whether Friedel gets another extension or not!

Haha you really think anyone is stupid enough to but someone based on their performance in an U21's game. Deluded.
Sorry mate check the lineup we played hardly an u21's game and do you honestly think that if we have 12 midfielders (defensive, attacking and wide) it is good business to carry that amt of wages then sorry you are the deluded one.
It would be highly naive to consider other clubs were not in attendance to watch the likes of Capoue, Holtby, Sigurdsson and Kane. I also maintain IF we want big money then Dembele with two yrs to run on his contract is opportune to sell.

Sorry mate check the lineup we played hardly an u21's game and do you honestly think that if we have 12 midfielders (defensive, attacking and wide) it is good business to carry that amt of wages then sorry you are the deluded one.
It would be highly naive to consider other clubs were not in attendance to watch the likes of Capoue, Holtby, Sigurdsson and Kane. I also maintain IF we want big money then Dembele with two yrs to run on his contract is opportune to sell.

Sell one of our top players who has started every game so far under Sherwood? Not happening.

Back
Top Bottom