Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Signing Chicarito but passing on Traore? We could not be that stupid, could we?

Do our decisionmakers watch us play at all?

Don't think so. It's baffling to me that some of them are millionaires to do what they do. Why we spent so much on Lamela when we were more than equipped on the right vs other young talents that could've slotted into one of our weakest spots on the left for less than half the price is simply beyond me. It's remarkably frustrating seeing some glaring holes of need un-addressed while we stockpile in other areas, and especially in the context of us coming so close to that top four spot the last few years.

If any of you are board members, vote cahspur in for the job. I'll take a quarter of what you're paying Baldini (if you pay off my school loans too) and do four times the job. Kthnxbye.

Don't think so. It's baffling to me that some of them are millionaires to do what they do. Why we spent so much on Lamela when we were more than equipped on the right vs other young talents that could've slotted into one of our weakest spots on the left for less than half the price is simply beyond me. It's remarkably frustrating seeing some glaring holes of need un-addressed while we stockpile in other areas, and especially in the context of us coming so close to that top four spot the last few years.

If any of you are board members, vote cahspur in for the job. I'll take a quarter of what you're paying Baldini (if you pay off my school loans too) and do four times the job. Kthnxbye.

I know what you're saying mate. Just out of memory though this board creamed itself over him more than anyone else, and also the majority on here said Lennon was no good. Funny old game.

Still, I think Lamela should stay and he will become a more important Spurs player. There's plenty of quality players who've taken a season to settle in.

I know what you're saying mate. Just out of memory though this board creamed itself over him more than anyone else, and also the majority on here said Lennon was no good. Funny old game.

Still, I think Lamela should stay and he will become a more important Spurs player. There's plenty of quality players who've taken a season to settle in.

I think we all agree that we hope and believe there's a decent chance he'll come good for us. But the good ol' fashioned genuine circle jerk from the online Spurs community over a few youtube videos of Lamela has now been made to look laughable. And God have mercy on the souls of those whoever expressed caution. I'll be the first to admit that I got it all wrong when I thought Soldado would slot right in with zero adaptation phase (although I still would've pursued Remy first), but it was plain to see from the vids that Lamela's style was not immediately compatible with the Prem.

This is how we'd have rolled out at the beginning of September with this yank in charge of the transfers this summer:

260114183829.png

And thus with piles of money left over to address any resultant needs in the January window. Like left back and center back.

I think we all agree that we hope and believe there's a decent chance he'll come good for us. But the good ol' fashioned genuine circle jerk from the online Spurs community over a few youtube videos of Lamela has now been made to look laughable. And God have mercy on the souls of those whoever expressed caution. I'll be the first to admit that I got it all wrong when I thought Soldado would slot right in with zero adaptation phase (although I still would've pursued Remy first), but it was plain to see from the vids that Lamela's style was not immediately compatible with the Prem.

This is how we'd have rolled out at the beginning of September with this yank in charge of the transfers this summer:

260114183829.png

And thus with piles of money left over to address any resultant needs in the January window. Like left back and center back.

If you are going to play a lone striker, Ade is better than Remy. Play them together and you might be onto something real good. I'd drop Capoue out of that starting XI.

If you are going to play a lone striker, Ade is better than Remy. Play them together and you might be onto something real good. I'd drop Capoue out of that starting XI.

I'm not saying an optimal at this point, otherwise I'd agree with you. I'm saying that that is exactly what our team would have looked like on Sep 14th when we hosted Norwich if I were in charge of the transfers.

Hugo has told the French Press he may assess his future if we fail to reach CL.

The objective is to reach the Champions League. After that, it's to close the gap on the biggest teams in the league. Without Champions League football? I've not thought about it. I must weigh things up at the end of the season.

Would be pretty gutted if he left as he's the best keeper we've had for years. Obviously doesn't mean he'd definitely go should we fail to reach the "Promised Land", but we'll probably have to sit few plenty of news stories over the summer if it does happen with a fair few of our players. I know its nothing surprising and the press will run with these quotes just thought I'd post it in here.

Hell even if we do make CL, if Barca come calling there's not much we can do. Would love to keep him, but I'm sure with the money they'd pay we could find a decent replacement. Would be nowhere near as much of a loss as it would be if we were to lose Vertonghen IMO.

Hell even if we do make CL, if Barca come calling there's not much we can do. Would love to keep him, but I'm sure with the money they'd pay we could find a decent replacement. Would be nowhere near as much of a loss as it would be if we were to lose Vertonghen IMO.

Didn't Barca sign a young keeper recently? I thought they signed a big name prospect... I may be wrong... Also I completely disagree on the Vertonghen bigger loss than Lloris. I'd rather Chiriches and Lloris than Vertonghen and Friedel. Not many keepers who can play like Lloris can.

Barca will more than likely be in for Ter Stegen. Especially after he put himself in the shop window against Bayern last week.

Didn't Barca sign a young keeper recently? I thought they signed a big name prospect... I may be wrong... Also I completely disagree on the Vertonghen bigger loss than Lloris. I'd rather Chiriches and Lloris than Vertonghen and Friedel. Not many keepers who can play like Lloris can.
They want to sign Ter Stegen from Borussia Mönchengladbach. He is one of the best young keepers in the world.

The "keeper sweeper" role isn't as vital now that AVB is gone. While it's certainly a fantastic attribute to his game, there are other capable shot-blockers that would be willing to come to Spurs with money left over. However, CB's of Vertonghen's all-around ability, size, and athleticism would be remarkably difficult to convince to come to Tottenham.

They want to sign Ter Stegen from Borussia Mönchengladbach. He is one of the best young keepers in the world.

He was awesome in Football Manager 2013 - I had him at Barca (they signed him in 2014) and he was the best keeper in the database.

This means, based on past history, he'll either turn out shit, retire at 25 from injury, or sign for Wigan and sit on their bench before fading into obscurity....

:memelol:

The "keeper sweeper" role isn't as vital now that AVB is gone. While it's certainly a fantastic attribute to his game, there are other capable shot-blockers that would be willing to come to Spurs with money left over. However, CB's of Vertonghen's all-around ability, size, and athleticism would be remarkably difficult to convince to come to Tottenham.

I wouldn't sell lloris for a penny less than 20 million though...personally I unlike the press dnt really read too much into his comments...

Back
Top Bottom