Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sold Adam Smith to Bournemouth. Permanent deal.

Just seen that, thought it was a loan. Wasn't he supposed to be decent?

Sky Sports revealed earlier that a deal was close, and Bournemouthhave now completed the signing of Adam Smith from Tottenham on a three-and-a-half-year deal.

AFC Bournemouth
@afcbournemouth

BREAKING: Welcome back @AdamSmith912 . #afcbpic.twitter.com/RJQSP1IqQP
17fdf954-1166-4fc4-a330-614278f1eebe.jpg

Jan. 28, 2014

Didn't Monaco (as a club) recently lose a ruling forcing them to tax their players 'French' taxes since they're technically competing in the French league? Or am I dreaming?

EDIT: I guess not

http://www.rivieratimes.com/index.php/monaco-article/items/as-monaco-exempted-from-75-tax1.html
No mate they didn't lose as in now their players now have to start paying taxes.

But they've had to pay a lump sum of €50,000,000 to basically let it slide.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/24/monaco-50m-france-ligue1-tax-exempt

Which is basically not a lot to them now is it? And definitely worth the short term loss to keep top players coming in, being attracted to earning a hell of a lot more than elsewhere in Europe.

I hear that Ronaldo and Messi are coming over - they want to play in the same team and neither will play for each other's clubs. £1m each, because of some made up clause in their contract.

#ITK - I know a Spanish guy who one said Barcelona using a "thhhhh" noise where the 'C' is. True story.

:paulinhofacepalm::paulinhofacepalm::paulinhofacepalm:

Any actual rumours based on reality and not a 12 year old's FIFA game?

Just seen that, thought it was a loan. Wasn't he supposed to be decent?

Sky Sports revealed earlier that a deal was close, and Bournemouthhave now completed the signing of Adam Smith from Tottenham on a three-and-a-half-year deal.

AFC Bournemouth
@afcbournemouth

BREAKING: Welcome back @AdamSmith912 . #afcbpic.twitter.com/RJQSP1IqQP
17fdf954-1166-4fc4-a330-614278f1eebe.jpg

Jan. 28, 2014

Quite disappointed about this. From the (admittedly limited) occasions I'd seen him play I genuinely thought he'd be a better long term RB than Naughton.

Come saturday morning it`ll be interesting to see what our "net spend" is since the start of the Summer window. Taking into account the sale of Bale, Caulker etc, the £40million TV windfall which most clubs invested in their squad last summer, and the 7 signings we`ve made so far, we`re currently on around - £44million by my reckoning. Thats minus £44million. £44million profit for Mr L£V£Y. I`ll keep my mouth shut for a few more days though, but i think our top 4 challenge will be following a familiar pattern
:levylol:

Last edited:
Come saturday morning it`ll be interesting to see what our "net spend" is since the start of the Summer window. Taking into account the sale of Bale, Caulker etc, the £40million TV windfall which most clubs invested in their squad last summer, and the 7 signings we`ve made so far, we`re currently on around - £44illion by my reckoning. Thats minus £44million. £44million profit for Mr L£V£Y. I`ll keep my mouth shut for a few more days though, but i think our top 4 challenge will be following a familiar pattern
:levylol:

You cannot just chuck the TV money in with the transfers. Wages will have gone up a lump with 7 big signings and 1 outgoing. Our squad players are on a fair lump.

You cannot just chuck the TV money in with the transfers. Wages will have gone up a lump with 7 big signings and 1 outgoing. Our squad players are on a fair lump.
I think its more than fair to chuck it in, considering 16 of the other 19 PL teams had a positive net spend in the last window. We were one of only 4 teams to finish the window with a negative outlay on player purchases. Anyway, even without the 40mill`, were still in the black on transfer fees. IF it should stay that way, it`s hardly a positive indictment of Levy`s ambition to steer us into the champions league is it.

Back
Top Bottom