Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Porto then??

You could say exactly the same about Christian Gross before he fucked up arrived here!

AVB rescued Académia from relegation, then went to Porto and completed the season undefeated and won the treble.

All of that, plus his reputation as one of José's backroom staff, brought in Chelsea's 2 x player of the year (Mata)...

Whereas in the red corner (literally) we have Tim. Granted, he's not done too badly so far, but I don't like his cockiness/naivety (at least thats how he comes across)

But who do we get in that is better than the pair of them then? May as well keep faith with Ade, Kane and Soldado, with Lamela who can play as an auxillary striker, there is no value in the January window.

Not better, but someone who is a damn good backup for Ade and can help Soldado ease in. I still feel there was something to be had from Berba, despite the grudge.

Not better, but someone who is a damn good backup for Ade and can help Soldado ease in. I still feel there was something to be had from Berba, despite the grudge.
We can't legislate for him choosing another club though, if we were in for him.

We can't legislate for him choosing another club though, if we were in for him.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't consider him.

The point being though, is Tim has come out and said we don't need anyone apparently - I just can't see how he thinks that?

So looks like there is three out so far holtby Defoe and maybe Chadli and nobody coming in. Fighting for fourth and in last 32 of Europa.If I think there is somthing wrong please let me know. Please do not say the players that are not fit have to come back they never seem to be and have been out ages what is also another joke the next excuse will be they need game time it will take a few weeks.Somebody let tim know the season finishes in may

Holtby and Chadli on loan and not permanent says it all to me. Sherwood will not be our manager next season.
Disappointed that we won't sign a striker but I'm not too concerned.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't consider him.

The point being though, is Tim has come out and said we don't need anyone apparently - I just can't see how he thinks that?
as I said earlier, he won't speak out against the club for fairly obvious reasons, not sure why anyone would get het up about that?

Blimey, if you think that BAE is weaker on the pitch than forcing Naughton to play out of position then I don't know how bad the picture is by the time it gets to South Africa. We have been completely fucked at left back this whole season when Rose has been out. Even when Vertonghen plays there as it simply acts to piss him off and increase the likelihood he'll ask for a transfer in the summer.

We have a Left Back available to come back to us for free who helped us reach and progress in the Champions League. Or we have a young player who doesn't even look 100% capable in the Premier League in his best position... It's a real mind boggler over which one would be better cover.

People make me howl with laughter over Benny, he's either shit or he's brilliant... Completely polarised. The fact is, he can be a lazy cunt and with AVBs high line, we'd have been fucked as he just gives up in the chase. But with his back to his own goal he's a very good defender and would do well with Tim's set-up and generally look the same as he did under Harry, simple as that. Good enough for a few months? Of course he is.
He doesnt like Benny, he was nasty about the fraud.

Blimey, if you think that BAE is weaker on the pitch than forcing Naughton to play out of position then I don't know how bad the picture is by the time it gets to South Africa. We have been completely fucked at left back this whole season when Rose has been out. Even when Vertonghen plays there as it simply acts to piss him off and increase the likelihood he'll ask for a transfer in the summer.

We have a Left Back available to come back to us for free who helped us reach and progress in the Champions League. Or we have a young player who doesn't even look 100% capable in the Premier League in his best position... It's a real mind boggler over which one would be better cover.

People make me howl with laughter over Benny, he's either shit or he's brilliant... Completely polarised. The fact is, he can be a lazy cunt and with AVBs high line, we'd have been fucked as he just gives up in the chase. But with his back to his own goal he's a very good defender and would do well with Tim's set-up and generally look the same as he did under Harry, simple as that. Good enough for a few months? Of course he is.
Remarkable revisionism with the predictable anti-AVB / pro-Arry throwback

BAE is a terrible 'defender' and a decent player going forward - if he was the Cameroonian Roberto Carlos you paint him to be - I'd imagine they would have been number of clubs looking for his signature in the summer, hell event the bottom 5. Yet he somehow ended up in the Championship. Poor old BAE, always misunderstood and unappreciated. Fortunately, I won't let a few 'funny' tweets mask the fact his concentration levels at the back weer shocking. And if Verts is 'pissed' for having to help out the team that pays his fucking salary by occasionally playing the same position he plays for his national team - he can jog on too. Professionalism, eh.

Back
Top Bottom