Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Funny....he should start for Spurs, but ends up at Fulham.

Where were all the top 5 teams from all over Europe fighting for his signature...I mean, the January window is notoriously difficult to find talent, and here we are, dangling Holtby out like a carrot for a month....and he ends up at Craven Cottage..

I'm frankly happy he went to Fulham of all places, he gets to stay in London, he gets to play regular first team football and probably be very influential in that squad - plus the relegation battle will give him a bit of oompf. I think overall, it's a great loan for all stakeholders.

The sensible part of me is fighting with the less sensible part:

Sensible: "The last thing we need is more players to settle."
Less sensible:"pato is available"
S: " Lamela will be like a new signing"
LS: "Forget him. Kaka!!! Trezeguet!!!! landon donovan."
S: "we will be stronger for not messing around."
LS: "tom ince at least!!"

If he was that good like people say a decent club would have been in for Chadli from what I have seen he is just a sigurdsson

Only Utd bid for Mata. He's not another sigurdsson.

Sometimes you don't need every top 4 club from the top 4 leagues to be interested to justify a player's potential

What's your problem with Holtby exactly?

I dont have a problem with Holtby. I see him for what he his...a good hard working squad player who offers us an option from the bench.

He wants to leave to play, then he should go, because he is not good enough to start in our midfield.

My problem is with people here acting like he is the second coming of Pele, and refusing to answer who they would drop for him when everybody is fit.

Paulinho? Eriksen? Sandro? or Dembele?

I wont expect an answer as that would mean admitting he should be allowed to leave, now wouldnt it...

I dont have a problem with Holtby. I see him for what he his...a good hard working squad player who offers us an option from the bench.

He wants to leave to play, then he should go, because he is not good enough to start in our midfield.

My problem is with people here acting like he is the second coming of Pele, and refusing to answr who they would drop fro him when everybody is fit.

Paulinho? Eriksen? Sandro? or Dembele?

I wont expect an answer as that would mean admitting he should be allowed to leave, now wouldnt it...

Some of us might have watched Holtby prior to joining Spurs and may think there is a player there worth supporting (much like Lamela). When one or two of Paulinho, Eriksen, Sandro and Dembele want to leave for not being able to get game time in central midfield I hope you're ok to see them go too, maybe then you'll realise it's a squad game and that Holtby could have covered 3 of 5 midfield positions.

Back
Top Bottom