Wolves (A) 2pm - The Nuno derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Havent read through the whole thread,but did anyone else think Skipp's "foul" was a perfectly good well timed tackle?
Wolves were the better side,but think we again defended well.
And i know it wont be popular with many, but i reckon Traore good do a job for for us.He doesnt need to score,others in the side would score bundles off his runs.
Agree about the Skipp tackle, but not about Traore. It looks like he is creating, but he has a worse final delivery than Aurier.
Wolves have had guys that can finish like Jota and Jiminez up front in recent years, have a look at how many assists Traore has.

I did think it was a good tackle but could see why a yellow was given.

His right foot won the ball cleanly but I think his left caught the fella on the ankle.

Only saw it "live" and in a reply at the time so could be wrong

The thing that kept their bloke down so long was that they clashed knees in the process (which can be very painful).....

People getting carried away with 2 x 1-0 wins, cast your mind back to August 2013, after we'd just sold Bale..

2 games won, 1-0
2nd in the league.
Went to Woolwich cocky and lost without ever troubling the keeper.

Another couple of narrow wins and we're talking about winning the league with with Beatles.

Then it all falls apart.
Twatted 3-0 at home by a shit West Ham then had our arses handed to us by both City and Liverpool (6-0 and 5-0)

We can take a lot of heart from the City game, we looked very good. But yesterday we were nothing more than lucky. Lucky they had 26 shots but missed most of them and probably 4 on target were shit and Lloris makes 1 or 2 very good saves.

I'm not normally fan of Xg but bbc had it at 1.54 to 1.45
I'd say based on chances alone, a draw was a fair result. On the balance of the game and th way they ran us off the pitch and took the ball off us at will, hmm we were lucky.

So they had 24 shots and still a lower XG then us?

Like I said before wtf is the point in that we didn't play fantastic by any means but we was away at Wolves a hard place to go with them up for it with fans back for the first time

I agree could have been a draw with the Traore chance but we also should have scored another 2 or 3

Was a hard away game that we edged by playing compact, there's only 4 or 5 harder away games this season to the one we played yesterday

People are reading far to much into it IMO today was nothing like the Jose games for me you only have to back to the game we won last year there and for me we was in control much more this time

Havent read through the whole thread,but did anyone else think Skipp's "foul" was a perfectly good well timed tackle?
Wolves were the better side,but think we again defended well.
And i know it wont be popular with many, but i reckon Traore good do a job for for us.He doesnt need to score,others in the side would score bundles off his runs.
Last season it's a pen but a soft one. Sensible reffing but there was barely a touch and if you watch shakira's....I mean Skipp's hips....they are towards the player then straighten out to become side by side and make it a coming together

So they had 24 shots and still a lower XG then us?

Like I said before wtf is the point in that we didn't play fantastic by any means but we was away at Wolves a hard place to go with them up for it with fans back for the first time

I agree could have been a draw with the Traore chance but we also should have scored another 2 or 3

Was a hard away game that we edged by playing compact, there's only 4 or 5 harder away games this season to the one we played yesterday

People are reading far to much into it IMO today was nothing like the Jose games for me you only have to back to the game we won last year there and for me we was in control much more this time
Sometimes you end up playing pragmatic and defensive looking tactics because the other team make you....wolves always seem a bastard to play and were especially so today.

Fuck me if traore wasn't a beast and if he could finish or pass he'd be lethal...I'd buy him for the fear factor alone

Sometimes you end up playing pragmatic and defensive looking tactics because the other team make you....wolves always seem a bastard to play and were especially so today.

They are going for a high intensity, high press approach. We clearly werent well enough established to really go toe to toe on that front, and ended up pushed back a lot.

It was obvious they would run out of steam at some point (they did).

It was also obvious, for all their dominance, they werent going to do much with it (they didnt).

Wasnt marginal and certainly not first half. 25 shots 6 on target but you again fail to see the point. I made the original comment at half time. Irrelevant who won isnt it. The point is how much wolves were getting in behind us first half and we defended for our lives for most of the half. Had the Skipp challenge been given as a pen then could quite easily have been a draw.
Stop moving the goalposts FFS!

Firstly you bang on about 25 shots and 6 on target, their 90 minute total, then you harp on about making the comment at half time.

Then you start in on what if's. It could have been a draw if Skipp's foul was given as a pen, but if we're going down the "what if" route, then you have to apply it to both teams, not just one to suit your argument.

But the coup de gras was, it's irrelevant who won!

You're all over the place mate, have a lie down.

Against City Sanchez totally lost Grealish. Another day that shot at Lloris hits the back of the bet. Dier also totally failed to clear and easy easy easy sideway pass but City somehow conspired to dick up the move rather than get a shot off. So both defenders made bad mistakes.

Against Wolves, that Dier one where he gave the ball away in the Wolves half (wtf was he doing there????) And Sanchez and Tanganga getting absolutely turned inside out by Traore for the best part of 60 minutes.
If Traore lost a few pounds of muscle and could play for 90 mins I'm sure he'd cause havok late on.
So one each against the Champions and one each against Wolves, then Lloris did his job with 3 saves, which was what I'd said in the first place.

All over 180 mins against the Champions, who fielded over £250M in attacking talent, and away to Wolves.

It's an indication of how weak your argument is, that you had to bolster it with Traore and what he could do if he "lost weight," as well as bringing Tanganga into it.

Definitely the Harry chance, and one from the flurry of 3 shots from Bergwijn and Sonny. You would expect at least one goal from those. Sometimes both moves would end with the ball in the back of the net.

So one each against the Champions and one each against Wolves, then Lloris did his job with 3 saves, which was what I'd said in the first place.

All over 180 mins against the Champions, who fielded over £250M in attacking talent, and away to Wolves.

It's an indication of how weak your argument is, that you had to bolster it with Traore and what he could do if he "lost weight," as well as bringing Tanganga into it.
So put simply, despite our defenders being bypassed and Lloris coming to the rescue, you're giving the defenders the credit?

Those defenders that let the opposition past, multiple times.

Stop moving the goalposts FFS!

Firstly you bang on about 25 shots and 6 on target, their 90 minute total, then you harp on about making the comment at half time.

Then you start in on what if's. It could have been a draw if Skipp's foul was given as a pen, but if we're going down the "what if" route, then you have to apply it to both teams, not just one to suit your argument.

But the coup de gras was, it's irrelevant who won!

You're all over the place mate, have a lie down.
Goal posts havent moved at all. You just have no clue and need it explaining again and again.. no I didnt 'bang on' I merely stated the facts that yet again you need slapped in your face as you clearly didn't watch the game. I said from the beginning and throughout that wolves were all over us and we were lucky to get through with the lead at half time. You don't seem to understand that basic concept even though it's plastered all over the forum. Yes what ifs do come into it as with an end product or a decision going a different way we'd lose it. I'd rather we have control over the game. Understand now or still clueless?

Last edited:
So put simply, despite our defenders being bypassed and Lloris coming to the rescue, you're giving the defenders the credit?

Those defenders that let the opposition past, multiple times.
Not this season they haven't...yet. wolves got in behind many times which we should do better to stop but we seemed to recover. City never worried me, we seemed to control them much better and often won the ball back in their half which is exactly how we should be defending...from the front. yesterday we sat deep and played like a jose team

Last edited:

Fuck me if traore wasn't a beast and if he could finish or pass he'd be lethal...I'd buy him for the fear factor alone

Indeed mate wolves won't play much better then that all season and we still won

If he could shoot or cross he wouldn't be at Wolves mate he would still be at Barca but he's never been able to

Back
Top Bottom