Wolves (A) 2pm - The Nuno derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not this season they haven't...yet. wolves got in behind many times which we should do better to stop but we seemed to recover. City never worried me, we seemed to control them much better

City conspired against themselves more often than Dier or Sanchez kept them in check. There were at least 3 big chances they missed with no intervention from those 2. Those 2 probably gave City the chance. Tanganga had a great game. Sanchez had an OK game. Dier had a slightly worse game than Sanchez.

I'd bet my house if they played all season, at the end of the season, we'd all be livid they'd been allowed to play because of all the goals that were their fault..

So put simply, despite our defenders being bypassed and Lloris coming to the rescue, you're giving the defenders the credit?

Those defenders that let the opposition past, multiple times.
Like a dog with a bone...

You've been focussed on, and harping on about, 3 occasions over 180 minutes of Football, where 2 of our players were beaten, leading to our Keeper having to make a save.

I haven't assigned credit or blame to anyone, that seems to be your MO.

It's interesting that, over those 180 minutes where we've spent a lot of time defending, the ONLY focus/comments you have are about the minute amount of errors that occurred, without balancing that with the plethora of things that went right.

But to do that you'd shoot down your own argument, and we can't have that can we?

It's far more important to be right on the internet...

Goal posts havent moved at all. You just have no clue and need it explaining again and again.. no I didnt 'bang on' I merely stated the facts that yet again you need slapped in your face as you clearly didn't watch the game. I said from the beginning and throughout that wolves were all over us and we were lucky to get throw with the lead at half time. You don't seem to understand that basic concept even though it's plastered all over the forum. Yes what ifs do come into it as with an end product or a decision going a different way we'd lose it. I'd rather we have control over the game. Understand now or still clueless?
LMFAO 🤣

Someone take the shovel off this lemon!

Like a dog with a bone...

You've been focussed on, and harping on about, 3 occasions over 180 minutes of Football, where 2 of our players were beaten, leading to our Keeper having to make a save.

I haven't assigned credit or blame to anyone, that seems to be your MO.

It's interesting that, over those 180 minutes where we've spent a lot of time defending, the ONLY focus/comments you have are about the minute amount of errors that occurred, without balancing that with the plethora of things that went right.

But to do that you'd shoot down your own argument, and we can't have that can we?

It's far more important to be right on the internet...

A few mistakes per game is fucking terrible for 1 defender, let alone both of them.
I'm only mentioning the ones I recall. If I was watching the match and making notes I'm certain i could spot a lot more.

Prime Toby and Jan rarely put a foot wrong let alone 2 or 3 times each, in 2 matches.

City conspired against themselves more often than Dier or Sanchez kept them in check. There were at least 3 big chances they missed with no intervention from those 2. Those 2 probably gave City the chance. Tanganga had a great game. Sanchez had an OK game. Dier had a slightly worse game than Sanchez.

I'd bet my house if they played all season, at the end of the season, we'd all be livid they'd been allowed to play because of all the goals that were their fault..
"Probably gave City the chance?"

You mean you don't know but you're blaming them anyway?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you exhibit #1 of... "Agenda."

A few mistakes per game is fucking terrible for 1 defender, let alone both of them.
I'm only mentioning the ones I recall. If I was watching the match and making notes I'm certain i could spot a lot more.

Prime Toby and Jan rarely put a foot wrong let alone 2 or 3 times each, in 2 matches.
So 3 mistakes has now become 6 or more?

Give yourself an uppercut mate!

"Probably gave City the chance?"

You mean you don't know but you're blaming them anyway?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you exhibit #1 of... "Agenda."

Don't talk to me like that.
Ask 100 fans on here if they think Dier and Sanchez are good defenders and most will say they're not.

Go back and watch the games again. I've watch both in their entirety and noted a number of occasions where one or both were out of position, failed to intercept easy passes, lost the ball when in possession, made dreadful passes (Dier especially)

I'm too busy to waste 180 minutes of my life re-watching games I've already seen and know what happened.
I know I'm right, so why don't you stop acting silly and either put me on ignore, or go and wate YOUR time proving me wrong.

Don't talk to me like that.
Ask 100 fans on here if they think Dier and Sanchez are good defenders and most will say they're not.

Go back and watch the games again. I've watch both in their entirety and noted a number of occasions where one or both were out of position, failed to intercept easy passes, lost the ball when in possession, made dreadful passes (Dier especially)

I'm too busy to waste 180 minutes of my life re-watching games I've already seen and know what happened.
I know I'm right, so why don't you stop acting silly and either put me on ignore, or go and wate YOUR time proving me wrong.
I've just spent 5 minutes doing that.

Unlike us under Mourinho, we are readjusting our playing style, and overhauling the team. We would like to keep our best assets, but don't think we will and have players in key areas that we need to move on, but probably can't.
By Christmas I think we will play much better, but if there is a key positive to take away, it's that we had the same amount of goal bound opportunities as they did, so if they had all gone in, we still wouldn't have lost.
Going back to the Jol era we have been putting out teams that have been mullering opponents (and losing by the odd goal) who we run riot over - so every now and again we get one, and out come the self appointed TV pundits showing how they can strangle the joy out of any occasion by pissing on everyones chips with their oh so "on point" acerbic tactical analysis.

We can all see it wasn't a classic, so no-one needs knobs like you sucking every ounce of joy out of the occasion. Take a day off once in a while.

Just dream the season ends with all the teams in their current positions, and put a bit of joy back in your souls
Thanks Mick.
Signed,
Knob.

Unlike us under Mourinho, we are readjusting our playing style, and overhauling the team. We would like to keep our best assets, but don't think we will and have players in key areas that we need to move on, but probably can't.
By Christmas I think we will play much better, but if there is a key positive to take away, it's that we had the same amount of goal bound opportunities as they did, so if they had all gone in, we still wouldn't have lost.
Going back to the Jol era we have been putting out teams that have been mullering opponents (and losing by the odd goal) who we run riot over - so every now and again we get one, and out come the self appointed TV pundits showing how they can strangle the joy out of any occasion by pissing on everyones chips with their oh so "on point" acerbic tactical analysis.

We can all see it wasn't a classic, so no-one needs knobs like you sucking every ounce of joy out of the occasion. Take a day off once in a while.

Just dream the season ends with all the teams in their current positions, and put a bit of joy back in your souls
Overhauling the team

LOLLLOLLOLLLOLOLOL

You've lost it. clearly this watching football lark isnt suited to mugs like you.
old timey baseball conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

Any pace player is going to have lulls in their game tbf, doesn't seem to wane as much as Tanguy and that fat fucker won't sprint.

True. It's fairly well known though that the higher the muscle mass the less stamina you have. I'm sure our resident nutritional expert Zest Zest will offer an opinion.

Heavy weight boxers are known to struggle late on when they're massively muscular. You burn more energy/calories for the same output the more muscular you are.

Back
Top Bottom