Wolves (A) 2pm - The Nuno derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wolves were brave and aggressive but didn’t have the final product. If I was a Wolves supporter I would have been very entertained by their performance.

We were on the backfoot at times but our mentality did not waiver and we did not buckle. In addition our fitness held through and our counter attacks were very dangerous to the very end.

I would have liked to see a more dominating performance from us with more possession but we made up for it by continuing to fight.

A tough away game overall with some lessons learned. We could have lost but didn’t and that’s football for you.

COYS

Thanks Mick.
Signed,
Knob.
I am so sorry, I answered yours and another post and forgot to separate them into quotes. That wasn't aimed at you, I may not agree with all of your posts, but respect you as,a poster for the way you conduct yourself.
In my defence I had a much abbreviated sleep, due to restless dogs wanting to go out, as we are on holiday in Wales, as the change of home had them a bit distressed.

My apologies, that is not my opinion of you.

I'd post a red faced emoji but my phone doesn't let me access them

True. It's fairly well known though that the higher the muscle mass the less stamina you have. I'm sure our resident nutritional expert Zest Zest will offer an opinion.

Heavy weight boxers are known to struggle late on when they're massively muscular. You burn more energy/calories for the same output the more muscular you are.

Gotta say I'm baffled how he is able to offer (seeming) persistent threat.

The team must protect him so he just jogs/walks back, I presume, no idea.

Big part is whether he grew to such size from youth/childhood (normally/culturally), as then the lungs may be also equally strong, this is the big issue with people thinking "player z will be much better once they hit the gym", you need all the peripheral strength to sustain those extra muscles, tendons, joints, organs yet it is highly unlikely they grow in tandem, then it's a 'bolted on' load.

As said I'm baffled, as he says he isn't a gym addict and his face doesn't look obviously roided, so maybe he really is just an insanely gifted athlete with miraculous recovery (also it must be about sprint % of his runs, his is likely very good at hitting peak and then coasting off).

My instinct is he starts getting bad tendon/connective problems from 26-27 and is all but done by 29-30 just like Lennon.

It's a no from me.

I have seen lots of people talk about steve b's trick on the left, but my favourite moment was PEH's nutmeg/outside of the boot flick shot. Completely unexpected and something i am happy to see more of

I am so sorry, I answered yours and another post and forgot to separate them into quotes. That wasn't aimed at you, I may not agree with all of your posts, but respect you as,a poster for the way you conduct yourself.
In my defence I had a much abbreviated sleep, due to restless dogs wanting to go out, as we are on holiday in Wales, as the change of home had them a bit distressed.

My apologies, that is not my opinion of you.

I'd post a red faced emoji but my phone doesn't let me access them
It's fine mate. It made me laugh. Thanks though. Appreciate the clarification. Get some kip.

Gotta say I'm baffled how he is able to offer (seeming) persistent threat.

The team must protect him so he just jogs/walks back, I presume, no idea.

Big part is whether he grew to such size from youth/childhood (normally/culturally), as then the lungs may be also equally strong, this is the big issue with people thinking "player z will be much better once they hit the gym", you need all the peripheral strength to sustain those extra muscles, tendons, joints, organs yet it is highly unlikely they grow in tandem, then it's a 'bolted on' load.

As said I'm baffled, as he says he isn't a gym addict and his face doesn't look obviously roided, so maybe he really is just an insanely gifted athlete with miraculous recovery (also it must be about sprint % of his runs, his is likely very good at hitting peak and then coasting off).

My instinct is he starts getting bad tendon/connective problems from 26-27 and is all but done by 29-30 just like Lennon.

It's a no from me

2012 and 2019

old timey baseball conan obrien GIF by Team Coco
Great. Looks like your in the acceptance stage of your condition.

Looking at his teeth as a teenager, his bones might well be like a cheese cloth soon. That is very worrying.

Usually I look for lovely teeth (especially) from Afro-Caribbean (decent) players as a sign of low "white foods" influence in formative diet, that look like he is built on brittle foundations.

He must have had some 'intervention' to grow as he has, think I'd seen similar before but not as pronounced as that.

He's a specimen though, really well balanced muscle set, ultra strong core it seems.

Last edited:
I have seen lots of people talk about steve b's trick on the left, but my favourite moment was PEH's nutmeg/outside of the boot flick shot. Completely unexpected and something i am happy to see more of
Quality. Dele's new role and Skipp being solid in the middle letting hojbjerg get forward

Late to party adding my thoughts.

Firstly it was bloody amazing going to an away game again. I've read some comments on this thread and trust me it's a billion times better coming back from an away with a win than a draw or worse a loss. So I certainly enjoyed the win.
Yes the performance wasn't dominant but let's be honest who was expecting that. Given the players we have and the tactics that Nuno uses we were always going to play on the break. That's what we need to get used to. Don't be surprised if we do the same at home vs Watford. I think people will find it hard accepting that we won't dominate the ball just because Jose isn't the manager anymore. This counterattack style will become our DNA.

I thought Dele was MOTM, his defensive contributions were superb. Put in tackles and blocks when they mattered most. Also made the all important contribution of getting the assist and goal.
Special mention for Hugo, record appearance and some crucial saves.

I thought the defence looked comfortable despite Wolves possession. Sanchez had a couple of hairy moments but that's expected. He dealt with the pace of Traore when needed. Dier was solid yet again particularly defending crosses, looks like Nuno had worked with these 2 a lot in training. Dier made 1 big mistake trying to dribble out which Traore nearly scored from but again its something you risk playing him. Still need another CB I feel.

Reguilon was good I thought, gave away the ball cheaply a few times but defensively read the play well and intercepted the ball to set us on counter attacks numerous times. He has improved defensively since the back end of last season.
Also I'm shocked in 104 pages of this thread there is only 1 comment about the pass Reguilon made for Alli to win the penalty. It was a beautiful ball, if Messi had made it everyone will still be going on about it. Perfectly weighted defence splitting pass which we will need more of from our midfielders as opposed to full backs.

Different challenge this week for Japh. Couldn't get physical like he did against sterling and Grealish. In the end thought he held up well. Needed the help from Hojbjerg. But we need another option at RB. Watching the game live there were numerous opportunities for him to bomb forward in acres of space down the wing but he's a CB by instinct and doesn't have the inclination to go forward. An attacking RB like Reece James would be perfect for us. Yesterday we played so narrow the out ball was always to Tanganga but as a CB by trade he was tucked in and it allowed wolves to swarm over us easily.

Overall 2 wins from 2 and 2 clean sheets. I'd have snapped your hands off of you offered me that before the season. Let's be honest there's still tons of work to be done to this squad if we want to make a proper tilt at top 4 this year.

Don't dispute it but please don't tell me we played well enough to deserve it
Wolves poor finishing was the deciding factor (along with the penalty).

For all their possession they didn't really create any goal scoring chances outside of the Traore through ball.

And if we are playing the 'what if' game, Kane and Bergjwin both had clear goal scoring chances and if Berg's cross to Alli was 2 inches to the right, he'd have his 2nd.

At the end of the day; we got an early goal and then managed the game according. We knew that playing a high line would be dangerous since Traore could easily outpace Dier, Sanchez and Tanganga.

For all their possession they didn't really create any goal scoring chances outside of the Traore through ball.

And if we are playing the 'what if' game, Kane and Bergjwin both had clear goal scoring chances and if Berg's cross to Alli was 2 inches to the right, he'd have his 2nd.

At the end of the day; we got an early goal and then managed the game according. We knew that playing a high line would be dangerous since Traore could easily outpace Dier, Sanchez and Tanganga.
I'm sure I heard a lot of people at the game saying Wolves are by far the greatest team the world has ever seen. That's what it sounded like on TV anyway.

Back
Top Bottom