Wolves - Spurs - EFL 3rd Round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

V3pWlnR.jpg

Gollini, Davies, Sanchez, Dier, Skipp, Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Dele, Scarlett

Any bit of momentum for next weekend would help. The risk is a long tough night with the wrong result has us absolutely shitting ourselves. Hopefully Wolves go light. I expect a more open and entertaining game and just hope we get a boost from all the effort.

Anyone wanna take me out Wednesday? 7.45 table somewhere?

Or .. happy to zoom or whatnot? I’ll wear a low cut top

Squad is so fucking thin can't even play our backup striker because of course we haven't fucking got one. Yet some were well happy with the transfer window. Shambles

Think we need to rest a few players for Woolwich next Sunday or we play them into ground - Kane and Hojbjerg in particular. Ndombele could only manage 60 mins to day, so rest him again for Woolwich - and Romero got cramp so again a rest for him.

Reguilon is in poor form - maybe a rest and coaching for a week would help ?

I think one or both of Moura and Bergwijn should be back ?

Time to give Scarlett a debut ?
Gollini
Royal, Sanchez, Rodon, Davies
Skipp, Dele
Moura/Bergwijn Lo Celso Gil
Scarlett​

Subs : Austin, Tanganga, Dier, Winks,, Moura/Bergwijn, Son, Kane

There's a Papa John's trophy match for u21's on Tuesday evening, so if any u21's other than Scarlett are going to be involved against Wolves, it'll probably be fairly obvious.

Any bit of momentum for next weekend would help. The risk is a long tough night with the wrong result has us absolutely shitting ourselves. Hopefully Wolves go light. I expect a more open and entertaining game and just hope we get a boost from all the effort.
They don't have any reason to go light. They're not in Europe and they have a strong enough squad to sustain a domestic cup run. I can't see them qualifying for Europe through the league no matter what they do so they might as well go for it.

Prior to the Chelsea game and the surprise return of Son, I had felt that this competition would have to be sacrificed because of the injury situation but things are looking up in that regard so we might be able to put a fairly decent team out there if not a complete first eleven.

I'm not happy with the way the 30 minutes extra time and the two legged semi-final have been dropped from the Carabao but it's still a trophy and we'll most likely have to beat at least one of the top teams to win it so that's got to count for something. I'd still be happier if we went one better and won the CL or the FA Cup, though.

I would play the same team that started the game against Chelsea. There were some positives about that first half and the players need to get used to play that high intensity football again. No point changing the team and tactics again because we'll just continue the circus.

I would play the same team that started the game against Chelsea. There were some positives about that first half and the players need to get used to play that high intensity football again. No point changing the team and tactics again because we'll just continue the circus.
Agree - do Wolves play 3 at the back? I think we will veer into that formation and make wholesale changes which will cost us

I expect winks, Davies and Doherty etc to start

Markanday must get a start in this game. As Wolves are towards bottom of the premier lge I would think they will have a lot of changes.
Would be nice to win it but be aware that if we do win the cup we can again qualify for the Conference.
That’s only if we don’t win the Conference this season , whereby qualifying for the Europa.
Champions League we ARE having a laugh.

Back
Top Bottom