"Wolves"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tenor.gif

Sounds very similar to what happened to Ryan Mason.
really awful!

Hope he can fully recover but you'd expect a lengthy spell on the sidelines. He's a striker who'd be expected to regularly head the ball, you'd fear for his future.

Poor bloke.

really awful!

Hope he can fully recover but you'd expect a lengthy spell on the sidelines. He's a striker who'd be expected to regularly head the ball, you'd fear for his future.

Poor bloke.
I am opting for pessimism here in hopes of being positively surprised. But I think his career might be done. Ryan's career was ended by a similar clash of heads and he was a fair few years younger than Raul and also in a position that doesn't include as many headers.

Hopefully I am wrong but we might have seen the last of Jimenez. Which is a shame because he is a proper good striker.

I am opting for pessimism here in hopes of being positively surprised. But I think his career might be done. Ryan's career was ended by a similar clash of heads and he was a fair few years younger than Raul and also in a position that doesn't include as many headers.

Hopefully I am wrong but we might have seen the last of Jimenez. Which is a shame because he is a proper good striker.

Back next season hopefully. I think Mason is the exception rather the rule. Far more players return after a fractured skull than have to retire.

Back next season hopefully. I think Mason is the exception rather the rule. Far more players return after a fractured skull than have to retire.
Depends on how it effects his brain/the nerves going to and from it. That stuff is tricky.

One of my brothers had a bunch of concussions playing hockey and his brain/the nerves are so scrambled that he had to retire from playing at 22 because he went temporarily blind if he overexerted himself. And that was without any outright fractures.

Hopefully Raul can return to playing but I am leaning towars being a pessimist here in hopes of being positively surprised.

Such a shame, I really rate him, one of the few non-Spurs players I really like. Hope it's not as a bad as it looks now and he makes a decent recovery that will enable him to return to the game.

Poor bastard. Hope he fully recovers. Obviously.

Anyone else thinking this will lead further down the road towards no heading the ball?

Poor bastard. Hope he fully recovers. Obviously.

Anyone else thinking this will lead further down the road towards no heading the ball?
In the very long term maybe.

But this has to a serious microscope on how football deals with head injuries, I mean it was down right negligent that Luiz played on. if you headbutt (I know accidentality) someone hard enough to crack their skull you've done damage to yourself.
You don't want to see things that have happened in other sports where ex players take their own lives by shooting themselves in the chest (to preserve the brain) because they think they have CTE induced brain damage.

Back
Top Bottom