Women’s football: World Cup.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Okay, these photos have given my ruse away. I only spend all my time pretending to be interested in men's football so that when the Women's World Cup comes around my girlfriend isn't suspicious about my reasons for watching it.

Okay, these photos have given my ruse away. I only spend all my time pretending to be interested in men's football so that when the Women's World Cup comes around my girlfriend isn't suspicious about my reasons for watching it.
Well I can all speak for my self but it’s the technical ability and skill that I’m looking out for! What else would it be?

Well I can all speak for my self but it’s the technical ability and skill that I’m looking out for! What else would it be?
tumblr_oa5xa8xBR11uc3906o3_1280.jpg

Not mucking about, here. When people who fancy men watch men's football do they think the players are as attractive as I find the women in those photos? Considering the 24/7 media saturation of the sport they are very lucky if so.

I've explained to my wife that I watch ladies curling because it's more strategic than the men. It's partially true and defensible, but the fact that they're easy on the eyes isn't exactly a drawback either!

I watched Womens tennis more than Mens. Reason was the matches do not tend to last as long. Anyway, Womens World cup.....

Watch between 2:00-3:00 passage of play build up and the goal if Tottenham did that I’d be delighted.....

I'll be watching. I've watched the last few WCs and Euros as well, it's decently enjoyable. The fact that I don't have any attachment to the women's club game makes it easier to watch their national teams and not be seething with hatred for a lot of players as I do with the men.

Though seeing that they've got Hope Solo as a pundit is off putting, she seems like an annoying weirdo.

The French are capable of playing some nice stuff, hopefully they don't disappoint on home soil. I would still make USA or Germany favourites.

Nice goal, they are playing really well. The overall quality of play has definitely gone up too since last time I watched the women's game.

Nice goal, they are playing really well. The overall quality of play has definitely gone up too since last time I watched the women's game.

Certainly some really nice passages of play. I just think the pitch is too big. It’s the physical side of the game that can make the game look poor.

Back
Top Bottom