Women’s football: World Cup.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif
Right! Who's been spying on me, on my holiday???

The counter attacking, physical game is the dominant style at the moment across all football. I much prefer the possession based, quick one touch passing game, but it doesn't work against physically big and fit teams who are drilled specifically to block and counter it.

That Malta?
It could very well be, as not many sandy beaches there.
Funnily enough I'm just at Denver airport waiting to come home and they are showing the game in the bar. But I have to confess that I don't enjoy watching women play football (or kids TBH), unless there's a Spurs connection.

Funnily enough I'm just at Denver airport waiting to come home and they are showing the game in the bar. But I have to confess that I don't enjoy watching women play football (or kids TBH), unless there's a Spurs connection.
Boo!

I’ve quite enjoyed this tournament the standard has increased ten fold both tactically and physically! But it’s a bit like rugby, Wimbledon Britain in the Olympics I’ll get into then forget about it I wouldn’t start watching ladies football all the time.....like you if Tottenham ladies were playing I’d keep track and want them to win but I’d do that if Tottenham had a tiddlywinks team.

They haven’t have they?

The arbitrary refereeing and application of the law in this tournament has been a joke. I'm sure they will make all kinds of changes and revisions yet again for next season but it's scandalous that they've used the women's world cup as a testing ground to experiment and make shit up as they go along.

Sorry France couldn't make it lads. Hope you kick the yanks arses on the semi-final though...

Sorry :( I know I should be more supportive of the women's game, but cant get into it at all. It may be because I don't really watch the game for the technicalities, but to watch Spurs batter another team. TBH, apart from us, I don't watch many other games live,content with watching highlights on MOTD if the results are agreeable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom