Women’s football: World Cup.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

USA’s Megan Rapinoe says equal pay talk must ‘move to the next step’

Just feel sorry for these deluded women players who think that their market is the same with the men’s game.

I mean it’s almost verging on mental retardation if they seriously believe that’s to be the case, I can’t even bother to get into the logic of it because it’s so obvious.

I’ve watched a game or two of the women’s WC but I haven’t watched this Rapinoe player. I don’t know how good she is but she seems to be hijacking the women’s WC for her own sociopolitical/financial agenda, i.e. her stance on gay rights and equal pay with some pretty confused logic and selfishness.

A fantastic footballing achievement back-to-back world cups that's not easy in any sport ... and yet within hours it's all about Megan Rapinoe - I'm not going to the White House - I want the same pay as men - me, me, me, me, me .....

Nothing wrong with grabbing your 15 minutes of fame, but FFS football is a team game put your ego to one-side and let your team have their moment of glory as well

The fact is Megan Rapinoe is taking the women's game backwards not forwards, she's pushing it into a niche market where the rabid mob are happy and the average football fans just switches off ... the football, whilst nowhere near the men's standard, has been very enjoyable ... the antics of certain players has been the exact opposite.

That's not to say the men's game doesn't have characters of course it does, but the men's game is so huge it can cope with the Ronaldos, Pogbas, Danny Rose type characters, the game is bigger than the individuals it simply roles right over them, but the women's game is not there yet.

Less of the Me, Me, Me, and more about what's good for all women players ... huge opportunity feels like it's somehow been missed due to politics and egos above the sport ... that's a crying shame

A fantastic footballing achievement back-to-back world cups that's not easy in any sport ... and yet within hours it's all about Megan Rapinoe - I'm not going to the White House - I want the same pay as men - me, me, me, me, me .....

Nothing wrong with grabbing your 15 minutes of fame, but FFS football is a team game put your ego to one-side and let your team have their moment of glory as well

The fact is Megan Rapinoe is taking the women's game backwards not forwards, she's pushing it into a niche market where the rabid mob are happy and the average football fans just switches off ... the football, whilst nowhere near the men's standard, has been very enjoyable ... the antics of certain players has been the exact opposite.

That's not to say the men's game doesn't have characters of course it does, but the men's game is so huge it can cope with the Ronaldos, Pogbas, Danny Rose type characters, the game is bigger than the individuals it simply roles right over them, but the women's game is not there yet.

Less of the Me, Me, Me, and more about what's good for all women players ... huge opportunity feels like it's somehow been missed due to politics and egos above the sport ... that's a crying shame
The only thing crying is you right now

Jesus, you never fucking shut up, do you?

I don't even know where to start with this.

America's known resistance to [checks notes] arrogant sports superstars?

The majority of the country that hates Trump being a limiting niche audience for [checks notes] women's soccer?

The disgusting selfishness of [checks notes] asking for equal pay with our pile of garbage men's team?

Just feel sorry for these deluded women players who think that their market is the same with the men’s game.

I mean it’s almost verging on mental retardation if they seriously believe that’s to be the case, I can’t even bother to get into the logic of it because it’s so obvious.

I’ve watched a game or two of the women’s WC but I haven’t watched this Rapinoe player. I don’t know how good she is but she seems to be hijacking the women’s WC for her own sociopolitical/financial agenda, i.e. her stance on gay rights and equal pay with some pretty confused logic and selfishness.
In the cunt bubble of women's football, the USA dominate. But compared to men, they are utter, utter, utter, utter shite. The US women's team lost 5-2 to a bunch of U15s from Dallas two years ago for fuck sake. FC Dallas under-15 boys squad beat the U.S. Women's National Team in a scrimmage

Pro male footballers are infinitely better than their female equivalents. Men's football brings in infinitely more money than women's football. Therefore, men earn more money than women. What do women expect? For their clubs to pay them the same as the male and bankrupt the club?

Ronda Rousey was the top earner in the UFC a few years back. Why? She brought in the crowds. People wanted to watch her fight. She was a major draw for the UFC and was paid accordingly. Gender is completely fucking irrelevant. Your market value is what determines the size of your pay day not your genitals.

Very few people watch women's football for the simple reason of it being utter shit. Every single one of the teams that played at the world cup would get completely dicked on by the shittest team in League 2.

Megan Rapinoe can talk all she likes. The spotlight is on her at the moment in the US because of the world cup win but in a month she'll be as irrelevant as the rest of us.

:dembelefingers:

In the cunt bubble of women's football, the USA dominate. But compared to men, they are utter, utter, utter, utter shite. The US women's team lost 5-2 to a bunch of U15s from Dallas two years ago for fuck sake. FC Dallas under-15 boys squad beat the U.S. Women's National Team in a scrimmage

Pro male footballers are infinitely better than their female equivalents. Men's football brings in infinitely more money than women's football. Therefore, men earn more money than women. What do women expect? For their clubs to pay them the same as the male and bankrupt the club?

Ronda Rousey was the top earner in the UFC a few years back. Why? She brought in the crowds. People wanted to watch her fight. She was a major draw for the UFC and was paid accordingly. Gender is completely fucking irrelevant. Your market value is what determines the size of your pay day not your genitals.

Very few people watch women's football for the simple reason of it being utter shit. Every single one of the teams that played at the world cup would get completely dicked on by the shittest team in League 2.

Megan Rapinoe can talk all she likes. The spotlight is on her at the moment in the US because of the world cup win but in a month she'll be as irrelevant as the rest of us.

:dembelefingers:

“According to a lawsuit filed on March 8 by the U.S. women’s national soccer team, these female athletes are being paid less than the men’s team, in some cases earning just 38 percent of pay per game. This, despite the fact that in recent years the women’s team has generated more profits and revenue for the U.S. Soccer Federation, earned larger viewing audiences, and played more games than the men’s team. The women have also won three World Cup titles and four Olympic gold medals. Their lawsuit against the USSF comes just three months before they defend their World Cup title at the 2019 tournament in France.”

“According to a lawsuit filed on March 8 by the U.S. women’s national soccer team, these female athletes are being paid less than the men’s team, in some cases earning just 38 percent of pay per game. This, despite the fact that in recent years the women’s team has generated more profits and revenue for the U.S. Soccer Federation, earned larger viewing audiences, and played more games than the men’s team. The women have also won three World Cup titles and four Olympic gold medals. Their lawsuit against the USSF comes just three months before they defend their World Cup title at the 2019 tournament in France.”

Well, but I thought the payouts for the WC was being decided by FIFA and not the USSF?

Correct me if I am wrong. And if they do bring more money than the men to the USSF, then the USSF should be paying them more money than they pay male American football players.

If the US women’s team is bringing in more money than the US men’s team on a consistent basis then they should be paid more money by the US Soccer Federation.

I can’t argue with that.

equipe8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom