Women’s football: World Cup.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

alex-morgan-twerking-1182082.gif

USA’s Megan Rapinoe says equal pay talk must ‘move to the next step’

Just feel sorry for these deluded women players who think that their market is the same with the men’s game.

I mean it’s almost verging on mental retardation if they seriously believe that’s to be the case, I can’t even bother to get into the logic of it because it’s so obvious.

I’ve watched a game or two of the women’s WC but I haven’t watched this Rapinoe player. I don’t know how good she is but she seems to be hijacking the women’s WC for her own sociopolitical/financial agenda, i.e. her stance on gay rights and equal pay with some pretty confused logic and selfishness.
A fantastic footballing achievement back-to-back world cups that's not easy in any sport ... and yet within hours it's all about Megan Rapinoe - I'm not going to the White House - I want the same pay as men - me, me, me, me, me .....

Nothing wrong with grabbing your 15 minutes of fame, but FFS football is a team game put your ego to one-side and let your team have their moment of glory as well

The fact is Megan Rapinoe is taking the women's game backwards not forwards, she's pushing it into a niche market where the rabid mob are happy and the average football fans just switches off ... the football, whilst nowhere near the men's standard, has been very enjoyable ... the antics of certain players has been the exact opposite.

That's not to say the men's game doesn't have characters of course it does, but the men's game is so huge it can cope with the Ronaldos, Pogbas, Danny Rose type characters, the game is bigger than the individuals it simply roles right over them, but the women's game is not there yet.

Less of the Me, Me, Me, and more about what's good for all women players ... huge opportunity feels like it's somehow been missed due to politics and egos above the sport ... that's a crying shame

As someone else posted, in terms of US football the women's side generates enough interest to, maaaaaybe, warrant equal pay. Calling for it across the board, or at least on the international scene, is clearly overreaching. But who the fuck ever gained anything without overreaching as a starting point. What's she supposed to say? We want a 10-15% pay increase compared to the men's game? Who would listen to that.

Saying it's a "me, me, me" spot is incredible cynical. She put herself out there, well before the World Cup when the audience was infinitely smaller than it's been for the past few weeks. It's not about hawking the spotlight currently available and to claim so now just shows ignorance as to what went before the WC.

She's put herself right in the firing line in a highly divided nation, stood up for what she believes, and I have nothing but respect for her right now.

Piers Morgan felt the need to shoot her down. Nothing says that you're doing something right, as does getting that cunt to wade in.

As someone else posted, in terms of US football the women's side generates enough interest to, maaaaaybe, warrant equal pay. Calling for it across the board, or at least on the international scene, is clearly overreaching. But who the fuck ever gained anything without overreaching as a starting point. What's she supposed to say? We want a 10-15% pay increase compared to the men's game? Who would listen to that.

Saying it's a "me, me, me" spot is incredible cynical. She put herself out there, well before the World Cup when the audience was infinitely smaller than it's been for the past few weeks. It's not about hawking the spotlight currently available and to claim so now just shows ignorance as to what went before the WC.

She's put herself right in the firing line in a highly divided nation, stood up for what she believes, and I have nothing but respect for her right now.

Piers Morgan felt the need to shoot her down. Nothing says that you're doing something right, as does getting that cunt to wade in.

I don't respect her.

I think they should be paid more, and she's not wrong in that regard, but her making a valid point doesn't stop her from being an arrogant turdswallop of a human.

Her and Alex 'teatime' Morgan can go fuck themselves into oblivion.

P.S Fuck the entire US women's team for that matter. Arrogant boobheads of the highest order. May they never win another game.

I enjoyed the women's world cup but I found the USA team a cynical, time wasting bunch of arrogant twats and I hope they have a spectacular fall from grace. the extreme over celebrations against Thailand were nothing short of pathetic. In games against tougher opposition they needed VAR to come to the rescue

The thing is the England Men's team give their 'wage' to charity. I expect the women to do the same for the sake of parity.

:troll:

It's like that at the Grand Slams. Women earn the same as the men but seeing as they only play the best of 3 sets instead of 5 they're doing much less work.

Maybe some people should pick better causes to get behind.

Also, this WC was alright BUT the standard isn't that high and they're a long way from being anywhere near the level of the men's game.

Being on the same side as that cunt Morgan does rather make you want to rethink ...

Your argument sounds OK but it's apples and oranges ... sure the USSF could pay the men and women the same, women get 72,000 basic and men 110,000 leveling that up is entirely at their discretion ... but that's not where the big disparity lies ... the huge gap is when they compete in International Cups ...

Members of the women's team received a $75,000 bonus for winning the 2015 Women's World Cup. If the men were to ever win a World Cup, their bonus under the current structure would be more than four times larger at nearly $400,000.

But that's because the prize money comes from FIFA who give 9% of the Men's WC revenue as prize money and 13% of the Women's WC revenue as prize money .... so in fact it's the men who are missing out on an equal return ...

That's simply because men's International football generates 10 times the revenue that women's International football does ... until that changes there's not much anyone can do ....

Well, but I thought the payouts for the WC was being decided by FIFA and not the USSF?

Correct me if I am wrong. And if they do bring more money than the men to the USSF, then the USSF should be paying them more money than they pay male American football players.
They are suing USSF not FIFA. USSF writes their checks.

I hope that by 2023 the European countries that looked like they had the nucleus of good teams put a load more investment into the women's sport because I think the entire world (aside from one country) would love to see the US women's team taken down several pegs.

As for them hating on Trump... It's just about the only likeable thing about the American team.

It's when they compare goalscoring records with the men that makes no sense. Soon they'll be saying England's all-time goalscorer, more goals than Rooney etc...

"Ok, we're losing only by 20 goals, don't fuck up, don't fuck up, don't fuck................. Ah shit"

The England players' (and the weird fans in there) reaction was rather odd. They have 200 girls playing football in the whole country - you unnecessarily embarrassed complete amateurs. The celebrations were a joke and the interviews make me cringe. It is all rotten.

The England players' (and the weird fans in there) reaction was rather odd. They have 200 girls playing football in the whole country - you unnecessarily embarrassed complete amateurs. The celebrations were a joke and the interviews make me cringe. It is all rotten.
4 players scoring hat tricks, FOUR!So many ridiculous scorelines in these games lately. There's nothing entertaining about an uncompetitive sport

Back
Top Bottom