Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You obviously haven't watched them recently.
That’s true but I watched them runaway with the title one season then almost get relegated in their first year defending their obvious fluke ;)

The last side to do as they did so out of the ordinary was Aston Villa who in their following season became champions of Europe !

Yeah.. But then everyone would be up in arms about the manager disrespecting the cups. Really, it's only pre-season and the rare early round tie against a weak opponent where we can truly experiment.
True: there are always those up in arms about disrespecting the domestic cup competitions but that’s just plain foolishness today. The top six to eight have officially been priced out of the domestic cup competitions already. In fact even those premier league sides that expect a relegation battle are more and more seeing the English domestic cups as a liability and rightly so.

For all those who think we are paranoid.
Neil / 15 minutes ago

Graham Roberts has claimed that there referees have a vendetta against Tottenham Hotspur.
Roberts made the claim after Tottenham Hotspur’s 2-2 draw against Woolwich where the lilywhites were denied two penalties through separate incidents involving Harry Kane and Dele Alli.
The former Spurs defender believes that since Mauricio Pochettino was involved in a war of words with Mike Dean following a defeat to Burnley in February, referees have been against the club.
The 60-year-old has suggested that the referees have got together and decided to not give Spurs the rub of the green in any matches.
Roberts was left amazed that when Harry Kane went down under a challenge from Sokratis Papastathopoulos in injury time at the Emirates, referee Martin Atkinson did not point to the penalty spot.
I agree with him. Thought VAR would sort this

- we gave their midfield all the time in the world since 70th minute. Okay, today we got off with it, but damn me, that is not sustainable. We absolutely certainly will be spanked by our rivals with giving so much room!
- at around 70th or 75th mark most of our players looked like flat tires. No energy at all. While I get that it was high tempo game, the tempo was same for both side. Yet Scum players seemed much more energetic. Wasnt that once our stenghth? that we could outplay/out-battle opposite players and keep constant press on them??? Also really worrying sight
Hold it. Aren't you the genius that disagreed with my post about taking Lamela (our energy) off for Dele? So which is my man? You can't have it both ways, disagree with a post pointing this out and then come complain about it.

Honestly that was the main take away from that game from me, we were not at the races for large parts but still almost got the win and every time we looked forward looked threatening. Gave me confidence that we will have no issue getting CL again once we get up to speed if that's our competition. Still can't believe some places were talking about their 'best start to the season in 10 years' after they struggled in wins over Newcastle and Burnley. Both games they looked poor and defensively fragile. In saying that you would think they would improve when Bellerin and Tierney are back - people criticised Mustafi this season and I am sure Luiz will be their new scapegoat this year but Sokratis, Maitland-Niles and Kolasinac are just as bad. Not to mention Xhaka in the midfield who I think is a terrible footballer.
Xhaka is one of the worst players to have graced the game, it's hilarious they play him every week though :eriksenlol:

For all those who think we are paranoid.
Neil / 15 minutes ago

Graham Roberts has claimed that there referees have a vendetta against Tottenham Hotspur.
Roberts made the claim after Tottenham Hotspur’s 2-2 draw against Woolwich where the lilywhites were denied two penalties through separate incidents involving Harry Kane and Dele Alli.
The former Spurs defender believes that since Mauricio Pochettino was involved in a war of words with Mike Dean following a defeat to Burnley in February, referees have been against the club.
The 60-year-old has suggested that the referees have got together and decided to not give Spurs the rub of the green in any matches.
Roberts was left amazed that when Harry Kane went down under a challenge from Sokratis Papastathopoulos in injury time at the Emirates, referee Martin Atkinson did not point to the penalty spot.

This shit is embarrassing as fuck! Ffs he’s gone full rawk. We’ve got plenty of 50/50s our way in the last year or 2.

Embarrassing

This shit is embarrassing as fuck! Ffs he’s gone full rawk. We’ve got plenty of 50/50s our way in the last year or 2.

Embarrassing

I don't share his thoughts, but his time-frame of reference is since last season vs Burnley... That's half a season ago, not the last year or two.

Hold it. Aren't you the genius that disagreed with my post about taking Lamela (our energy) off for Dele? So which is my man? You can't have it both ways, disagree with a post pointing this out and then come complain about it.

What the f*** are you sayin'?? Yes I disagreed with that.
That Lamela was our "energy" and he single-handedly should have done pressing??

Get a grip. Lamela was slowing down our attack, and if we wanted to win it, bringing on Dele at that point was very reasonable move by Poch. It's not like Dele would be Rafa van der Vaart kind of player who does not track back or smth.

It is absurd to claim like Lamela single-handedly should have covered the first 10 meters of from half-way line, where Guendouzi and Ceballos roamed free for 20 minutes.

That is literally horrific.. As fans we deserve such better rivals..
I used to love the buzz of walking to and around a rivals ground but yesterday was so poor. They are so puny and half of them had spray tans the worst welcome committee I’ve ever seen.
They reckon they have a firm these days, I’ll be honest I’ve never ever been worried about a gooner in any capacity at any game or around the grounds. Ever.
Talking of which, I saw an old episode of The Real Football Factories on London Live last night.... focussing on London clubs....

I reckon it's from a good 10-12 years ago, (as Chelsea are all 'glossy and successful' by this time) but the bit on Millwall is a hark back to the *good/bad/dark old days!
*delete as applicable!

West Ham are (contractually) represented as usual by Cass Pennant TM

Trevor Tenner is the 'Spurs Rep'.... but there's no metion of Woolwich or their 'firm'... other than Trevor Tenner declaring they're not our 'rivals' in terms of naughtiness....

The irony is... most of the Arse fans we poke fun at are wannabe middle class wankers, or media types who all work in publishing....
And all the Naughty middle-aged hard nut ex-Chaps interviewed are now published authors!!

Swings n Raaaaandabaaaats, innit? :nawty:

Last edited:
What the f*** are you sayin'?? Yes I disagreed with that.
That Lamela was our "energy" and he single-handedly should have done pressing??

Get a grip. Lamela was slowing down our attack, and if we wanted to win it, bringing on Dele at that point was very reasonable move by Poch. It's not like Dele would be Rafa van der Vaart kind of player who does not track back or smth.

It is absurd to claim like Lamela single-handedly should have covered the first 10 meters of from half-way line, where Guendouzi and Ceballos roamed free for 20 minutes.
Where was this claimed? Right, it wasn't.

Where was this claimed? Right, it wasn't.

Well, how was there any controversy between the two things.

I still believe that bringing on Alli to Lamela was reasonable decision.
And in last 20 or 25 minutes of the game we did not put absolutely any pressure on Woolwich players - Guendouzi and Ceballos operated freely within first 10-20 meters in our half.

Even though I’m actually ok with the result over all.

I just keep replaying that 30 seconds before half time where Danny panicked and just walked the ball in to one of their players. What the actual fuck was he doing?

He used to be the one player I would count on to leave everything on the pitch in these fixtures. I’m actually excited to see Ben Davies come back in, never thought I would say that. . .

Hopefully sess gets going soon, I really have had enough of rose’s mistakes this season.
I thought he heard the scum moaning for handball, and - for whatever reason - stopped playing. Like a striker giving the ball away instead of tapping it to an empty net, just to find out it wasn't an offside after all.

I thought he heard the scum moaning for handball, and - for whatever reason - stopped playing. Like a striker giving the ball away instead of tapping it to an empty net, just to find out it wasn't an offside after all.
Play to the fucking whistle rose :lamelaaghh:

I mean even if he just panicked and put his foot through it for God’s sake there’s no excuse.

Apologies Mick I didn’t fully read your post just assumed it was another one where you go into one.

It’s nice that you think I make some great points.....just a shame you never like or agree them and only ever quote me for a row
I do when you're not in fighting or abuse mode
you seem so angry all the time

I'm not a negative person, I don't spend all of my time trying to find fault or conduct inquests, and I'm happy to talk to anyone who wants a conversation about Spurs and football

I do when you're not in fighting or abuse mode
you seem so angry all the time

I'm not a negative person, I don't spend all of my time trying to find fault or conduct inquests, and I'm happy to talk to anyone who wants a conversation about Spurs and football
Did you see the game Sunday mate? Cracking game weren't it?.....

Back
Top Bottom