Woolwich Wanderers V Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I will keep it to one observation, didn't seem we were fast enough on the break. Looked like we were trying to do more patient build up than pushing up quickly at times where i would have expected more aggressive play moving forward.

To be fair though, the couple of times that we did break fast those gooner cunts fouled us. It was part of their game plan. Had we done it more one of them might have got sent off.

I think Dawson is a good player, but he is not the right kind of player for this type of game and we have seen that time and time again. Kaboul is the right kind of player for this game, but maybe he wasn't fit. Rose is still young, and he may reach the right level but for me he is not good enough yet to be in our first team as a first starter, but given what we have right now I don't think AVB has a better option at LB.

His choice not to start with a creative midfielder was ok, but not to change that at some point, even 70 mins into the game, was very poor in my view.
This is nothing new. AVB did a few things like this last season as well. I think it is just an experience thing (he has less than three seasons experience as a manager don't forget) and eventually he corrected some of his mistakes last year, but he seems to repeat the same mistake a few times first for some reason, so I expect the same thing to happen this new season. Once he gets the team where he wants them to be, we will be really good I think.

I think;

- he played Dawson as he knows the teams needs at least some stability.......how many games has Kaboul played with the rest of the back 5?.......2 or 3

- he's been told to shift on Ekotto and Adebayor to reduce the wage bill.........both would've been useful today - Ekotto better than Rose and Ade better than Defoe purely as a target man, enabling Chadli to be subbed if he wanted

- AVB's subs were a little late, but the game never really changed against us.......one mistake cost us a goal and then the game kind of just followed the pattern of us having possession and them counter attacking

- soon the starting lineup today will look really, really odd......it's going to take a while for the players to fit in but I think we'll find our club Captain is 4th choice centre back soon

honestly i think at the start it would of been a few boo's.....

I think whoever won would be smug and honestly i think that a lot of our fan's were really worried considering he haven't spent any money and were weary of Flamini so we were kind of relieved. can you honestly say if you won that you guys would not of been smug and of been louder in saying that the tide is turning and we are doomed?

Honestly, no, cos as I said, we seem to have our fair share of cunts too!
But personally speaking, I don't do gloating, never have.... I wasn't alone in feeling distinctly uncomfortable with all that 'Mind the Gap' shit the season before last, so at least I'm not being hypocritical when we do manage to muster a win once in a generation at your place!

I do anger pretty good when we lose mind you!

Honestly, no, cos as I said, we seem to have our fair share of cunts too!
But personally speaking, I don't do gloating, never have.... I wasn't alone in feeling distinctly uncomfortable with all that 'Mind the Gap' shit the season before last, so at least I'm not being hypocritical when we do manage to muster a win once in a generation at your place!

I do anger pretty good when we lose mind you!

ok well honestly if we get Ozil and a few decent signings and united fail to get a midfielder there is possibly a place in the Champions league for both of us or Liverpool as they have no european commitments it should be an interesting season but a lot depends on the next 24 hours. if you do get into the Champions League it would be interesting to see how you invest the money as i didn't expect you to spend this much

We are not the finished article, in fact we are closer to first draft with all these new signings, yet we are still gutted we didn't get at least a point today.

They looked dangerous on the break (lol) but how many clear cut chances did Woolwich have? That Monreal chance was the only time they should have scored.

It shows how far we have come and once the team gets our pattern of play, we will kick on. I can tell there is more to come creatively from Paulinho and Chadli, let alone Erikson and Lamela.

Teams need to learn how to loose as much as winning. We need to bounce back. The City's and Utd's of this world loose games like this and win the league. This result should harden us up, bring us together. Rally round for Capoue. Lamela look very good like RVP-he could start regularly. We did look a bit laboured at times but looked very good when we moved the ball quickly-this will come.Second half they parked their middle class camper vans across the goal and played as if they were away-this was how much they were threatened by us. We will march on and conquer.

I watched the highlights 3 times now. Neither team were v good. it was only a 1-0 deficit, thank fuck for Lloris.
Dawson looks weak and for me Rose too.
Im hoping our Romanian and Kaboul feature more, and Verts as LB (I know..).

A new day, a new dawn.
Indeed, onwards for THFC. Most importantly, hope Capoue is alright though he might need time to recuperate. We'll just have to make do with Sandro :sandro::avblol:

Perhaps one way to look at things is that head to head, we're level on points and we've already done the NLD at the Emirates - they still have to come to our den. My main concern is AVB getting the team to gel and play as a unit asap.

Positives for me were that its early in the season and the new guys have probably experienced the hardest game of the season which is away at woolwich, also now that the international break is here, it might stunt momentum for them and give us some time to start fresh. Hopefully by the time we meet chelskeet we are much more fluid

I might sound like and asshole but i think that spurs are lacking in the 'tactics' departament. I might be a soccer noob, but i fail to see the plan/strategy AVB is using in games:( I think hes a fantastic manager that can make wonders on a player level, but lacks experience when it comes to tactics. With all these new signings i was looking out and hoping for a player that has the experience that spurs need. Someone who can choreograph the game and manage those last 20 minutes of random shots on/off target, take set pieces and calm Walker the fuck down when he starts raging and brainlessly shooting . Those corners and set pieces taken by Walker and Chadli just dont convince me:( I want a Pirlo at Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom