World Class

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whenever people on here state that one of our players is "World Class", they suddenly turn into walking turds.
:dembelefingers:

Dier, pre-season
Alli, whilst we were in the running for the title
Lamela, pre-season
Eriksen, when we signed him
Son, after he had a great start

Literally moments after Walker was called 'world class' in yesterday's thread, he turned into shite.

Can I suggest a "world class" phrase ban? A word filter that changes "World Class" to "mediocre" might help.
:kaneshh:

Problem is no one knows what World Class means. I would say our only WC player is Toby but by your logic that will make him go shit so I won't. We have NO WC players.

Problem is no one knows what World Class means. I would say our only WC player is Toby but by your logic that will make him go shit so I won't. We have NO WC players.

Exactly. They're all mediocre.

World Class obviously means "he's a good player, but fuck it let's jinx it"

Especially Sissoko. He is the opposite of world class. He's so not world class, he's community class.

Let's see if that works.

To me "World Class" means that a bigger (probably Spanish) team will be signing them shortly. So at the moment I guess none of our players are really "World Class" in that sense... Just hoping that our manager isn't either!

Anyone remember Premier Manager 97?

'World Class' was one of the scouting categories that mean they had a stat in the 80s, but the best scouting skill category was called "The Ultimate".

I've still got that game on an emulator

"World class" is the shittest cliche in a long line of shit cliches. We don't play other planets at football, and if there was an intergalactical football tournament, we'd probably boycott it.

"World class" is the shittest cliche in a long line of shit cliches. We don't play other planets at football, and if there was an intergalactical football tournament, we'd probably boycott it.

Are you sure?

I'm 99% positive one of these will be playing against us on Sunday....

iu

Merson would call it 'world class, I mean world world class '
Fucking stupid meaningless expression.

Personally I would define world class as a player that can walk into any football team on planet earth (or at least two per position), so no we don't IMO. So for example:

GK: Neuer, De Gea
Full Backs: Alba, Lahm, Marcelo, Alaba
Centre Backs: Ramos, Pique, Boateng, Hummels
Centre Mids: Modric, Iniesta, Busquets, Pogba (despite his shaky start)
Wingers: Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Bale
Strikers: Suarez, Aguero

Personally I would define world class as a player that can walk into any football team on planet earth (or at least two per position), so no we don't IMO. So for example:

Not sure about Pique you offer me him or Toby for Spurs and it's an easy decision. We will see about Pogba I have never been a fan, the rest hard to fault.

Not sure about Pique you offer me him or Toby for Spurs and it's an easy decision. We will see about Pogba I have never been a fan, the rest hard to fault.
Toby is one of (if not) the best in his position anywhere in the world- & id have him ahead of Pique. Pogba (for the most part) is like a French Carlton Palmer- or united's Sissoko....

In that case is worldie/worldy allowed?
& which is the correct spelling? I have seen both used.

ok so when we call our best players world class they turn to average.. have you tried calling the less successful players world class? What would happen?
From now on I'm going to call Vincent Janssen upper World Class. Up there with Messi, Suarez, Neymar and Ronaldo.

I think Lloris is better than both Neuer and de Gea.
Toby makes the grade too.

Back
Top Bottom