Worst Co-Commentator Award

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Paul Gascoigne

Forum Jester
Now that we can only watch footie on the TV, we are cursed with the "expert" helping the commentator understand what is going on !

Before I go onto the main thrust of this thread, I want to commend some who DO add something to the enjoyment. My favourite was Atkinson and Hoddle is always good for extras.

Compare that to ........

Alan Smith - oh look he's kicked the ball there !

Owen Hargreaves - I only state the bleeding obvious !

Steve McManaman - Liverpool are wonderful and I own half the houses there. I don't need the money, just do
this to annoy Everton fans !

These are my top 3 but I'm sure there are others who annoy you more l

Now that we can only watch footie on the TV, we are cursed with the "expert" helping the commentator understand what is going on !

Before I go onto the main thrust of this thread, I want to commend some who DO add something to the enjoyment. My favourite was Atkinson and Hoddle is always good for extras.

Compare that to ........

Alan Smith - oh look he's kicked the ball there !

Owen Hargreaves - I only state the bleeding obvious !

Steve McManaman - Liverpool are wonderful and I own half the houses there. I don't need the money, just do
this to annoy Everton fans !

These are my top 3 but I'm sure there are others who annoy you more l
Not sure if Hoddle dose co-coms anymore (he does the studio stuff). I couldn't stand him on co-coms, he would only emphasis the negative and if he was on a Spurs game it was worse than Smith or Dixon (add him to the list, complete biased cunt), I also found him boring (just an aesthetic thing). Conversely I really like his post match studio stuff.

Andy ”beter” Townsend is repetitive and miss-reads the overall flow it direction of a game, or perhaps more to the point is inconsistent with teams that control the game without the ball.

Jenus & Danny Murphy are pretty good despite them getting a lot of flack, both were better when they first started off than theyvate now, just feel that they’ve become lazy and stopped doing any homework prior to games and sticking with the common narratives.

I'll have to give some serious thoughts about others who are good but struggling to think of someone off the top of my head.

It would be good to have one at least have the balls to disagree with the main commentator.

Oh thought Wilkins was excellent, especially when on Football Italia with Peter Brackley.

Carragher
McManaman
Nevilles
Alan Smith
Michael Owen
Tony Gale
Matt Holland

Cunts the lot of them

I hate them all to be honest. It's the very presence of another unnecessary mouthpiece which inevitably leads to aimless waffle and glib observation that further irritates viewers no doubt already annoyed by their team. One bloody commentator is plenty

It's a toss-up:

Lee (that ****) Dixon and

the very, very, very very annoying Pat Nevin. If he says 'very very' one more time, I will do something bad to the cat.

Last edited:
I dislike all commentators, I don't need commentary when I watch a game live, so can't stand the drivel that they inevitably come out with. So many of them are so anti-us, very rarely give us credit, I usually watch games with the volume down.

Back
Top Bottom