Worst Spurs players ever

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BAE was very good for us. I can't remember him having a bad game. I thought he raised his level in the Champs League too.
He was also the most genuine, honest footballer. He set up a foundation following the London riots and also set up a charity to help restore the sight of people in Africa.
A legend, and I'm proud that we share the same birthday.

Some real strange answers in here.

On the last few pages alone we've had Gomes and Assou-Ekotto. Two players who had a massive hand in helping us qualify for the Champions League as well as then get us into the quarter finals the following season.

You could easily make a video of that for any goalkeeper. It's just a selective agenda.

Walker was often like a ghost in goal - never seen such a tall bloke look so short. Robinson made a lot of high profile clangers. Lloris tends to spill a lot. Yes, a LOT.

Every keeper has a weakness - selecting half a dozen moment from over 130 games is ridiculous.
Agree with this.
I rate Pat Jennings as the greatest keeper ever.Yet, he made howlers as well.

Last edited:
Jol/Ramos: too young to remember

Jesus, you're only a nipper. I thought you'd be at least 70, considering how miserable and cynical you are.

A bit of advice. What you perceive currently as being "not good enough".... this is as good as its ever been.
Well at least in my recollection of watching Spurs for 30ish years. There are those on here who can remember the sporadic "success" of the 80's but we never had the consistency, and the 70's where arguably worse than the 90's. Plus the game was very different pre Sky / Premiership, but you wouldnt know that.

There where a couple of trophies, but consistent finishes at the bottom of the top half (or the top of the bottom half) of the table where the norm...... Interspersed with the odd flirt with relegation.

For me a "decent" cup run and turning up against the Gooners was all i expected from a season. That Spursy tag that we all hate. That was born from year upon year of flattering to deceive and European competition was a dream.... something that "much better teams than us" were involved in. I remember the first year we qualified for the UEFA cup, i was over the fucking moon!

Now we put out teams full of international players that you are proud to sing for. Players that could easily play for any other team in the league, even the ones that have spent half a billion pounds compiling their squads. It used to be the other way round, where we would have only one player that you could get excited about, single handedly struggling to keep us floating above absolute mediocrity, before they fucked off and won things with someone good.

Add to that consistent top six finishes, and now talked up as league challengers, you don't know you're born mate.

There are no guarantees that this is here to stay, the league is so ridiculously competitive at the moment, and the game is more about money than it has ever been. SO....If this is the best its been and there are no guarantees how long it will remain for and it still makes you fucking miserable then seriously, i would fuck off and concentrate on getting angry playing FIFA ultimate team mate.

Last edited:
Poch era:
  1. Son
  2. Mason
  3. Sissoko
  4. Adebayor
  5. Stambouli
  6. Chadli
  7. Paulinho
  8. Chiriches
  9. Fazio
  10. Carroll
  11. Davies
  12. Yedlin

AVB/'Arry/Timmy:

1. Jenas
  2. Dempsey
  3. Nelsen
  4. Naughton
  5. Palacios
  6. Hutton
  7. Bentley
  8. Gomez
  9. Gallas
  10. O'hara
  11. Basson

Jol/Ramos: too young to remember
Quick, get in...
taxi-129094_439x324.png

Paulinho, Gomes, Gilberto...
of all the sublimely gifted Brazilians to play football down the years, we got those three!

Bit unfair on Gomes.

As Watford are seeing, he's a fantastic keeper, he's just a bit clumsy.

My memory may be tricking me, but I'm sure Gomes saved a lot of penalties for us - I'm not so sure I can say I've seen many from Lloris?

Back
Top Bottom