Worst Spurs players ever

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SausageVince

end of an era
I've been thinking recently how poor a signing Sissoko has been. I like to give new signings a chance, so I'm trying to better understand Sissoko in the context of our shittest ever signings.

Perversely, thinking back to The Gomes Days made me feel a bit better about Sissoko.

Alan Hutton is up there for me.
Remember getting a call off my mate one day "oi, you'll never guess who is in my local banging packet up there hooter"

Yep. Hutton.

Gomes I am particularly fond of. Really liked him!

Alan Hutton is up there for me.
Remember getting a call off my mate one day "oi, you'll never guess who is in my local banging packet up there hooter"

Yep. Hutton.

Gomes I am particularly fond of. Really liked him!
Surprised Hutton makes it into the pantheon of worst players. I thought he was an excellent talent.

Worse spurs players aren't always devoid of talent, though.

Bentley - Full of talent, overflowing with it. Full of idiocy, though. One of our most expensive mistakes, but had some decent games.
Bongo Khumalo - WTF was that about? Did he win a competition?
Johnny Two Saints - Shame that his love for "the club" was nothing to do with football
Sergei Rebrov - Sorry, I remember him taking a huge chunk of our hopes and transfer kitty, and was a donkey
Ginger Pele - Fucking hopeless. The most Sunday League player I think we ever had. Sorry Gary.
Helder Postiga - another hopeless one.
Dumitrescu - I remember him being a calamity
John Scales - Just reminds me of our times when we might play a European Pub Side and get spanked
Ben Thatcher - Another lad who seemed talented, but I remember him either getting sent off, or being as good as useless
Mabizela - Don't remember him ever going anything decent
Bobby Zamora - His rep says enough
Davies/Etherington - I was hyped about these as a teen, as they were two of the best players on CM at the time, but Etherington was a less talented Bentley, and Davies was just bang average.
Edgar Davids - Don't recall him actually contributing much, other than being an 'exciting' signing.

There's just so many.

Some might say "Saha" or "Soldado", but I Saha is unfairly scapegoated for Harry's cock ups, and Soldado provided us with Kane in a way, so never too mad at him.

Edit: Can I add Fazio, Chiriches and Paulinho too?

Rebrov and Shevchenko were incredible for Kiev. I understood why we bought him. Unfortunately we needed to buy both of them.

I get why we bought him, but he was pants. He didn't even have any saving qualities within him team play, personality etc. Not endearing at all.

Silly Fact: Roberto Soldado scored more goals for us (16 in 76 apps) than Rebrov did (15 in 75 apps)

I get why we bought him, but he was pants. He didn't even have any saving qualities within him team play, personality etc. Not endearing at all.

Silly Fact: Roberto Soldado scored more goals for us (16 in 76 apps) than Rebrov did (15 in 75 apps)
Yes, he was. But we agree on why we bought him?

Agree with all of those mentioned so far...... going back a bit, my personal non-favourites
Booby Mimms, John Lacy, Mitchell Thomas, Gary O'Reilly, Willie Young, and although I don't like to speak ill of the dead, Ian Moores and Gordon Smith.

Yes, but that counts against him even more in terms of "worst signing", in the same way that Shev is one of (if not #1 of) Chelsea's worst too.
I thought 'worst signing' was a club thing. I don't think he was a bad signing - he just turned out to be shit.

The thread title is 'worst Spurs player ever' he wasn't that.

Ghaly
Rocha
That Italian left back that sounded like an articulate marble flooring.

There have been some bad ones in the PL era.
Before the PL Ian moores
However the most pointless and probably the worst was Bongali Khumalo.

Back
Top Bottom