Worst transfers of the Levy era?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He wasn’t the worst player, but I don’t think I’ve hated anyone more than Paulinho after he showed his true gutless self.
wall.gif
Ade was just a guilty though - which makes 2 of them.

Keller
Aurier Richards Chiriches Gilberto
Bentley Paulinho Ndombele Lo Celso
Bent Soldado
A team of them based primarily on the amount these players cost relative to the amount of disappointment they brought. Apart from Keller and Gilberto, who were just horror shows in their positions.

Last summer’s signings get a free pass until they’ve had a full season, a pre season with a proper manager and a bit of stability in the side.

The obvious big guns have been mentioned but how about some youngsters that cost real money and flopped

Jack Clarke
Zeki Fryers
John Bostock
Adel Taarabt

Ryan Sessegnon needs to kick on soon or he'll have been a massive waste, too.

Thanks, guys. Keep them coming.

Clearly shows how out of his depth Levy is, and how shit our scouting dept has been for far too long.

You can't sign that many bad players, throw that much cash to the trash...and expect to dominate and win titles. It just doesn't happen.

The whole way we scout and sign players has to be revolutionised

Keller
Bent Soldado
A team of them based primarily on the amount these players cost relative to the amount of disappointment they brought. Apart from Keller and Gilberto, who were just horror shows in their positions.

Last summer’s signings get a free pass until they’ve had a full season, a pre season with a proper manager and a bit of stability in the side.
Was Aurier really worse than Naughton as RB?

Also shout out to Zakora who spent whole matches doing fuck all in midfield

Thanks, guys. Keep them coming.

Clearly shows how out of his depth Levy is, and how shit our scouting dept has been for far too long.

You can't sign that many bad players, throw that much cash to the trash...and expect to dominate and win titles. It just doesn't happen.

The whole way we scout and sign players has to be revolutionised
The club owners aren't trying to dominate and win titles, they're trying to do just enough to secure reliable Europa League revenue and sometimes pinch a CL place for extra income. You have to say, they've more or less acheived it.

Ndombele is the worst signing by a landslide.

Did they even bother scouting him? Apparently every coach he has ever had has said that his attitude is a pile of wank.

Why would we spend £50m+ on someone like that?

Agree, I know he always had a disastrously timed mistake in him, but overall I didn't mind Aurier. Often an attacking threat and had a decent shot on him. Naughton was relegation/ Championship level and has spent most of the rest of his career there.

Last edited:

Naughton got unlucky with a couple of early injuries and was just a bit ho hum, but he cost pennies compared to Aurier and also signing him was key to also having Walker in.

Aurier was a likeable guy who had got moments himself but for what he cost and what he fronted it was such a disappointing downgrade from Walker. And he took about two years to start giving any value too.

Considered Zokora but the other two are just pathetic in terms of attitude and contribution. Zokora was a pretender and, like Aurier, a huge drop from the guy he replaced, but caused E nowhere near the same levels of frustration amd disappointment as two players who are the specific point of joining were both record signings (albeit Paulinho surpassed twice within a couple of weeks).

Still to early to say but signs are ominous. If we do not invest heavily , very heavily in the squad in the next few years my vote is

From White Hart Lane to the Tottenham still to be branded Stadium

What was the point , we know what we were told , reality looking different. Clock is ticking on was it good for supporters , who cares if it is good only for ENIC

Keller
Bent Soldado

Aurier should never be on that list in my opinion. He didn't live up to expectation in the end but he was apart of our champions league run to the final and started in some of those big games like Dortmund and Milan we won along the way. None of the other souls on your list came close to putting in a shift like that

I'd say our worst window so far besides when we signed nobody has to be Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessegnon, Clarke

That year we could've bought anyone we wanted and that's who poch was backed with after a champions league final.

I'm struggling to think who's been worse out of Lo Celso and Ndombele, probably the former because I cannot think of a single good thing he's done

Back
Top Bottom