Would you change anything about how the forum is run?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How about a little cuntometer against each profile ranging from 'not much of a cunt' to 'bit of a cunt' with 'thunder cunt' at the far end?

Other descriptions could be 'mildly cunty', 'more cunting than they appear at first ',' clearly a cunt' and 'as cunty as Sol Campbell reading an extract of his novel while wearing a smoking jacket just before he burns down the orphanage, having destroyed the ramp which was the only exit for the disabled kids'

I could just bin the yellow/red card system and run the site like every other forum and ban anyone who causes any kind of hassle. There's a decent sized list of people that fit that profile. Anyone who's ever received a red card seems an obvious place to start.

It would be at lot less work from my end.

I'll give it some thought. Might be interesting just to try it for a bit and see what the site feels like.

I'd like a virtual cemetary of ex users where people can look around at ex users names on tombstones saying why they died with reasons like 'gooner troll', 'did a racist thing' and 'kept on denying the holocaust, not very spursy' as a reminder as to where others go wrong.

A Sin Bin Hall of shame would be nice too, with pillories where one could throw virtual rotten fruit at the said offender.

This is probably why I don't run the forum and perhaps never should.

There should be a monthly vote for the following:

Cunt of the month
Cunt of the month runner up
Best poster of the month

Who ever is voted should have the phrase below their avatar so people can see who has been a cunt this month and ignore them and who has actually had some decent input.

Ha, well played Admin Admin

"Donate now or I'll keep reminding you that you should be wearing cardigans and/or dead by now."

Screenshot-20190128-182259-Chrome.jpg

I could just bin the yellow/red card system and run the site like every other forum and ban anyone who causes any kind of hassle. There's a decent sized list of people that fit that profile. Anyone who's ever received a red card seems an obvious place to start.

It would be at lot less work from my end.

I'll give it some thought. Might be interesting just to try it for a bit and see what the site feels like.
You've probably just come close to breaking WhatsApp.

Make everyone who tries to sign up answer an extensive opinion-based questionnaire so everyone who makes it through has exactly the same opinions on Spurs - ergo no bickering.

As soon as someone answers that they think, say, that Dawson is decent they get their IP address permanently banned.

I see Gibbs has gone in again......let me guess....did he disagree with Cahspur, Joe Clash and CJJ by any chance last night.
People always look who someone was arguing with an immediately assume it's them who voted them in. Which makes sense, that's probably what I would think. That's not always the case though and isn't here. People having to read the arguments are voting too.

In this example, more votes actually came from people outside of that group of 3 people you listed.

Actually have criteria for permanent bans, the sin bin I believe was intended to be a 'x times and you're out' facility but that clearly won't work if people team up on others all the time.

We're still doing this. The length of time doubles each time for those circumstances when someone does something that loads of people vote for. Usually it's one post where someone steps over the line and it's obvious because people are all voting on that post.

For votes that accumulate over time on a variety of posts, they're not usually as serious so we just chuck people in for a few days.

-------------------------------------------

I was considering forcing people to have someone on ignore. Some people like to vote over & over for the same person. If no one else is voting for them, we could force that person to ignore the person they clearly dislike for a month or so. If 2 people vote for each other a few times, force them to ignore each other.

Might help, not sure.

been a long time viewer of TFC forums but signed up today finally. I've decided Id just prefer to be a guest and want to delete my account. is that possible?

Back
Top Bottom