Would you change anything about how the forum is run?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh do do fuck off, there's a good chap.

I'm not "forcing" my opinions on anyone.
I commented on a post in a public forum, and you or anyone else are free to ignore to them if you don't agree.
I have never "gone blubbing" to Admin Admin to shut any thread down.

You on the other hand are "blubbing" because you aren't allowed to force your opinions and biased reasoning on others.

If you don't want anyone to comment then DM Admin Admin you fucking snowflake.

Claims to be open to honest debate and then crys like a fucking baby when someone posts an opposite opinion.

Fucking Hypocrite.

Blue cards...

Previously ignored suggestions:
  1. culling of unused accts
  2. public foul voting
  3. threadmarks
  4. new user daily post limit
  5. new user permanent banning based on early foul votes/binning/ignoring stats
Sounds like a "blue card" is basically the sin bin we already have.

1. Why?
2. I believe people should be able to anonymously vote.
3. You can "Watch" threads and view them here (if that's the kind of thing you meant?)
4. This is sort of already in place. New users first few posts are flagged.
5. If a new users gets a load of foul votes then they do usually get banned.

Blue cards...

Previously ignored suggestions:
  1. culling of unused accts
  2. public foul voting
  3. threadmarks
  4. new user daily post limit
  5. new user permanent banning based on early foul votes/binning/ignoring stats
cm punk wwe GIF

Sounds like a "blue card" is basically the sin bin we already have.
Sure, but football didn't have a "sin bin" previously. Now it's coming but so is the blue card. Is admin a rule breaker at heart?
Re: culling of unused accts
many times it seems like these are parked accts that are ultimately used for abuse...as an example, in the US (not that you care or that it will help my case...prolly hurt it) voter rolls are culled if they are not used for many cycles...it's common sense (if done in good faith) as it provides a situation rife for abuse. When someone hasn't posted since 2013, has 13 posts, and hasn't logged in (only you can see that) in years...surely that should tingle some spidey senses.

But I understand if 'membership' is your reflexive response...everyone would like a few extra 'inches' no matter the penis proxy. But the implicit message of this thread is for the improvement of the forum, right? And moderation was brought in for this very point...seems common sense to me.
2. I believe people should be able to anonymously vote.
Right...seems a very democratic idea...except that they aren't just voting are they? This isn't just a poll as to whether Kulu is completely shit or not, is it? They are accusing/charging someone with something, right? And then a poster finds themselves binned with no explanation, no recourse, and no idea who found what objectionable or what 'crime' was committed. I cannot see how this is consistent with raising the standards of civility and comportment on the forum when we don't expect posters (who ARE anonymous whether they foul vote or not, so your desire is already served by this being the internet) to have the courage of their convictions.

A similar standard of jurisprudence is the right to face your accusers...otherwise anyone can lob accusations at you...and we have incontrovertible proof of a cabal of 'fit and proper Spurs' supporters' whose stated goal was to do just that...sunlight is the best disinfectant.

And beyond that, if there is a poster 'A' that is consistently 'fouling' people in general (or specific targets) and those targets receive no further sanction then poster 'A' at some point should see some sort of sanction so they can re-calibrate their senses...a booking for 'diving' so to speak. But we only know this if we know who is fouling people.
3. You can "Watch" threads and view them here (if that's the kind of thing you meant?)
No, threadmarks are NOT the same. Threadmarks are in-thread 'chapter' marks. So, for example, in a player's thread one can place a threadmark saying "Spurs 3-Brentford 2 date" and up at the top of the page next to the "ignore" "jump to new", and "unwatch" buttons there is a "threadmark" button which allows you to miss all the BS convo before the significant event.

I've previously pointed you toward RedCafe's example of this item. It essentially provides an evolving chaptering/TOC for a thread. If you don't think this would be useful I'd respectfully disagree but would understand...especially if you think most would find it very difficult...but we should elevate not pander...elevation has been the implicit goal of the revamp, right?
4. This is sort of already in place. New users first few posts are flagged.
I'm not sure how flagging the "first few posts" of a new user is the same as limiting the number of post/day a new user can post...even in a "sort of" way. It has been my experience that the posters that end up a problem let themselves be known very early on by spamming all over the forum AND especially in particular (types of) threads...which I can name but I'm sure you already know.
5. If a new users gets a load of foul votes then they do usually get banned.
Welp, I didn't limit my point to just foul votes. In fact, that would not remotely address the point nor give you any predictive ability. What should be used is a fuller picture like posts/day in addition to early "foul votes/binning/ignoring stats".

The toxic know how to stay jjjjjjuuuuuuuuusssssssssttttttttttt on the right side of impropriety, right? It's really what makes them sociopathic, isn't it? If every sociopath showed themselves to be the real true assholes that they are on their first day then this forum, and many others, would have significantly fewer members. Reasonable people get the lay of the land and try to avoid stepping on toes in the beginning...others spam a forum with 20, 30, 40, and even 50+ posts/day in a who gives a fuck manner. They should be flagged.

I would argue that you could cull many of these folks just by putting a monitor on posts/day...that would zero you in on some target rich areas. Again, if there is still the desire to raise the civility standards.

edit: for clarity, inserted "poster 'A' " and a few other clarifications for reading. apparently I've gone over my time and it's left a new timestamp.

Last edited:
You need to ask this poster that???

Lmao 🤣
Mornin' Baz! Can't properly rate this post of yours because A) though I can't see the prompt to which you are responding, B) it's not to stevee so I can't make any reasonable presumptions of it being shit by the very fact.

Whaddya think of my suggestions? Shit? Whaddya think of me? Also?

How would it create more drama?

Would just let a poster know they're being foul voted on a post, not who has voted. I don't think that creates any extra drama?
How do you think the good people of TFC will react when they know they have been foul voted for a post? Will it have a tendency to make people more or less agitated?

There are enough cunt offs here without that information being public.

How do you think the good people of TFC will react when they know they have been foul voted for a post? Will it have a tendency to make people more or less agitated?
I don't agree, you'd need to be pretty thin skinned to get the hump over a foul voted post, no?
There are enough cunt offs here without that information being public.
If one of your posts got 10 foul votes, would that lead you to have cunt offs all over the forum (remember you wouldn't know who foul voted you)?

Although, I suppose people do get the hump over foul votes, so maybe you're onto something. 🤔

Sure, but football didn't have a "sin bin" previously. Now it's coming but so is the blue card. Is admin a rule breaker at heart?

Re: culling of unused accts
many times it seems like these are parked accts that are ultimately used for abuse...as an example, in the US (not that you care or that it will help my case...prolly hurt it) voter rolls are culled if they are not used for many cycles...it's common sense (if done in good faith) as it provides a situation rife for abuse. When someone hasn't posted since 2013, has 13 posts, and hasn't logged in (only you can see that) in years...surely that should tingle some spidey senses.

But I understand if 'membership' is your reflexive response...everyone would like a few extra 'inches' no matter the penis proxy. But the implicit message of this thread is for the improvement of the forum, right? And moderation was brought in for this very point...seems common sense to me.

Right...seems a very democratic idea...except that they aren't just voting are they? This isn't just a poll as to whether Kulu is completely shit or not, is it? They are accusing/charging someone with something, right? And then a poster finds themselves binned with no explanation, no recourse, and no idea who found what objectionable or what 'crime' was committed. I cannot see how this is consistent with raising the standards of civility and comportment on the forum when we don't expect posters (who ARE anonymous whether they foul vote or not, so your desire is already served by this being the internet) to have the courage of their convictions.

A similar standard of jurisprudence is the right to face your accusers...otherwise anyone can lob accusations at you...and we have incontrovertible proof of a cabal of 'fit and proper Spurs' supporters' whose stated goal was to do just that...sunlight is the best disinfectant.

And beyond that, if there is a poster 'A' that is consistently 'fouling' people in general (or specific targets) and those targets receive no further sanction then poster 'A' at some point should see some sort of sanction so they can re-calibrate their senses...a booking for 'diving' so to speak. But we only know this if we know who is fouling people.

No, threadmarks are NOT the same. Threadmarks are in-thread 'chapter' marks. So, for example, in a player's thread one can place a threadmark saying "Spurs 3-Brentford 2 date" and up at the top of the page next to the "ignore" "jump to new", and "unwatch" buttons there is a "threadmark" button which allows you to miss all the BS convo before the significant event.

I've previously pointed you toward RedCafe's example of this item. It essentially provides an evolving chaptering/TOC for a thread. If you don't think this would be useful I'd respectfully disagree but would understand...especially if you think most would find it very difficult...but we should elevate not pander...elevation has been the implicit goal of the revamp, right?

I'm not sure how flagging the "first few posts" of a new user is the same as limiting the number of post/day a new user can post...even in a "sort of" way. It has been my experience that the posters that end up a problem let themselves be known very early on by spamming all over the forum AND especially in particular (types of) threads...which I can name but I'm sure you already know.

Welp, I didn't limit my point to just foul votes. In fact, that would not remotely address the point nor give you any predictive ability. What should be used is a fuller picture like posts/day in addition to early "foul votes/binning/ignoring stats".

The toxic know how to stay jjjjjjuuuuuuuuusssssssssttttttttttt on the right side of impropriety, right? It's really what makes them sociopathic, isn't it? If every sociopath showed themselves to be the real true assholes that they are on their first day then this forum, and many others, would have significantly fewer members. Reasonable people get the lay of the land and try to avoid stepping on toes in the beginning...others spam a forum with 20, 30, 40, and even 50+ posts/day in a who gives a fuck manner. They should be flagged.

I would argue that you could cull many of these folks just by putting a monitor on posts/day...that would zero you in on some target rich areas. Again, if there is still the desire to raise the civility standards.

edit: for clarity, inserted "poster 'A' " and a few other clarifications for reading. apparently I've gone over my time and it's left a new timestamp.
Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF by ABC Network

Talking Go On GIF by Kev Lavery

Elaine Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Shit Talking Blah Blah Blah GIF by UFC

Go On What GIF by ZDF heute-show

Tired Britney Spears GIF

Tired Good Night GIF by MLB

Immediate binning (or blue card if you come around on that!) of any poster that enters a bustling chat in order to post a meta-comment about how stupid, boring, worthless, etc etc etc said conversation is without actually addressing the topic at hand.

• blue cards instead of showing sin bin
  • culling of unused accts
  • public foul voting
  • threadmarks
  • new user daily post limit
  • new user permanent banning based on early foul votes/binning/ignoring stats

Back
Top Bottom