Would you change anything about how the forum is run?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You could but very difficult to prove.

Although it happened in the Kane thread (a perma ban) it could still be argued that that was an "opinion"
Trolling is designed to appear sincere so it will always entail a judgement on behalf of admin about whether it’s in good faith. If it’s genuinely unclear whether the poster is trolling then they probably won’t be a loss.

Dunno if possible but think it would be a good thing if people couldn't reply or tag in others that have them on Ignore?

Dunno if possible but think it would be a good thing if people couldn't reply or tag in others that have them on Ignore?
Probably wouldn't work as it would mean people can find out who is ignoring them.

Stopping people tagging posters they themselves have on ignore might be a good idea.

Can we add some more things at the bottom like informative and optimistic?

We need more things than just 4 smilies.

Maybe a winner smile too.

Probably wouldn't work as it would mean people can find out who is ignoring them.

Stopping people tagging posters they themselves have on ignore might be a good idea.
Dunno, only seems to me that it's people trying to goad/bait people who have them on Ignore most of the time.

They'll still shit-talk them; just without an 'active' tag.

I would change new members' (and those with little post history) access to the high traffic threads like the Summer transfer thread and match threads. Every year you get new folks (multis?) coming in with no regard and full of attitude. Then by the end of the window they are never to be heard from again.

I would change new members' (and those with little post history) access to the high traffic threads like the Summer transfer thread and match threads. Every year you get new folks (multis?) coming in with no regard and full of attitude. Then by the end of the window they are never to be heard from again.
Rather than completely blocking them, perhaps limit the number of posts per day or number of posts per day per thread.

Blocking people from the most popular threads is no way to attract new users.

Rather than completely blocking them, perhaps limit the number of posts per day or number of posts per day per thread.
They wouldn't be completely blocked...they could read and participate in the other parts of the forum and read those 2 threads.

And if not implemented then what's to prevent them from spreading their droppings all over the place then? If I can get away with it 3x/day then I will get away with it 3x/day (if I was that type of person) just like folks who game the sin bin/card system. What's so wrong with proving yourself as a user by establishing a post history/reputation? It's literally what is done IRL. There are already enough ignorant hot takes in those threads without making space for folks you have no idea about...or are multis with pre-existing/petty grievances to settle.

Another thing this would stop is the gameday asshole that pops in with a wee bit of racism/sexism/homophobia/trolling that seems to happen most games. They would not be able to post in the match thread BUT they would be able to post their garbage under your take.

Blocking people from the most popular threads is no way to attract new users.
Presupposes that the goal is to "attract new users" AND that the only way to do that is those two threads. It takes a certain type of asshole to join a new community AND post like 20x/day (toxicity included)...and my point is to weed them out. Others more concerned with being PART of a community will have more self-awareness.

They wouldn't be completely blocked...they could read and participate in the other parts of the forum and read those 2 threads.

And if not implemented then what's to prevent them from spreading their droppings all over the place then? If I can get away with it 3x/day then I will get away with it 3x/day (if I was that type of person) just like folks who game the sin bin/card system. What's so wrong with proving yourself as a user by establishing a post history/reputation? It's literally what is done IRL. There are already enough ignorant hot takes in those threads without making space for folks you have no idea about...or are multis with pre-existing/petty grievances to settle.

Another thing this would stop is the gameday asshole that pops in with a wee bit of racism/sexism/homophobia/trolling that seems to happen most games. They would not be able to post in the match thread BUT they would be able to post their garbage under your take.

Presupposes that the goal is to "attract new users" AND that the only way to do that is those two threads. It takes a certain type of asshole to join a new community AND post like 20x/day (toxicity included)...and my point is to weed them out. Others more concerned with being PART of a community will have more self-awareness.
Doesn't allowing a person to only post 2/3 times per day on a particular thread prevent the cunt offs? If someone posts something provocative and everyone gets angry, he gets two follow up posts, and then the conversation ends. It gives everyone a chance to cool off.

I think the shitfests (except for certain users) don't run across days and weeks, it's usually one big flurry of posts usually.

Doesn't allowing a person to only post 2/3 times per day on a particular thread prevent the cunt offs? If someone posts something provocative and everyone gets angry, he gets two follow up posts, and then the conversation ends. It gives everyone a chance to cool off.
Sure, but it also gets folks unnecessarily riled up when it could so easily be avoided. Can't imagine why anyone would be so interested in protecting the 'rights' of prospective folks who, in this day and age, couldn't be arsed to have signed up to a Spurs' forum already. Do you suspect their input will be the footballing equivalent of solving cold fusion? What would we really be missing? Most folks hide their truly cunty selves until they can't...and they could easily do that for 3 post/day...shit, some have practiced enough they can do it almost 30x/day.

And to be clear, if a move to 3x/day in those threads were done absolutely limit some things. I don't want to let the perfect be the enemy of the good enough and a limit would be good enough as a policy for some things. But others it wouldn't address like the troll that just wants to say horrible things to irritate the lot of us.

I think the shitfests (except for certain users) don't run across days and weeks, it's usually one big flurry of posts usually.
Or they could be avoided by making folks establish a post history/reputation.

edit: in the xfer thread right now someone with history of 13 posts and 2 months membership just posted a "watch my youtube vid". FFS man who the fuck knows what this person knows and why should his narcissism be indulged...and THAT falls within your 3x/day.

Last edited:
Feels like I'm throwing this gold into the void but why the fuck not. I think that folks that you have on ignore shouldn't be able to rate your posts (probably not possible) or, at the very least, notification of their ratings shouldn't be sent.*

So like when you try to 'foul' a person that you've fouled too recently the CMS sends up a warning like 'you've already done this to this cunt so chill the fuck out for another few days'. Similarly, the ignored person should receive a warning saying "look, the poster has you on ignore because he thinks you are a know-nothing petty cunt so you are not allowed to rate their posts".

See, more gold!

*notification from know-nothing petty cunts don't come through.

Last edited:
More gold for Admin, who I can only assume is on sabbatical or some other long respite from this place as my previous bits of manna haven't been implemented as of yet. I'm sure they'll get to it when they get back.

Today's absolutely awesome suggestion is for the Member page. In addition to post and ratings summaries their should be a list of posting rate to get a somewhat real-time account of the most 'productive' posters on the forum. I've noticed some truly impressive new posters lately as well as some cagey old veterans still hammering out the pablum. In fact, 1 new poster is into the Airfixxian stratosphere of 30-ish/day...quite impressive stuff and a horse race we should all get to appreciate.

More gold for Admin, who I can only assume is on sabbatical or some other long respite from this place as my previous bits of manna haven't been implemented as of yet. I'm sure they'll get to it when they get back.

Today's absolutely awesome suggestion is for the Member page. In addition to post and ratings summaries their should be a list of posting rate to get a somewhat real-time account of the most 'productive' posters on the forum. I've noticed some truly impressive new posters lately as well as some cagey old veterans still hammering out the pablum. In fact, 1 new poster is into the Airfixxian stratosphere of 30-ish/day...quite impressive stuff and a horse race we should all get to appreciate.
I noticed there’s a couple of spare slots in the top 20 most ignored honours board since the most recent bannings were meted out.

Back
Top Bottom