Would you like the Saudis to buy us instead of Geordies?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It would be amazing. We'd rival City.

But no, in the next few years we'll have to watch the Geordies win everything and dominate for years.

Sell up Levy. Youve proved for years you aren't good enough to make the Club successful on the pitch.

I like that everyone assumes that Levy, who is A. A minority owner. and B. Employed by the club. Is going to sell it. That's going to be Lewis' prerogative.

And if we are going to sell I'd rather not become a gulf state plaything.

It would be amazing. We'd rival City.

But no, in the next few years we'll have to watch the Geordies win everything and dominate for years.

Sell up Levy. Youve proved for years you aren't good enough to make the Club successful on the pitch.

Honestly I'm getting past caring these days.

Football is just about the money period, Eriksen's about to prove that, to go and collect a phat wage by taking an arguably backwards step in footballing terms to an inferior league.

Then we get this winter break, so that the snow flakes can have a couple of weeks off. Of course no mention of the elephant in the room which is all these money spinning pre-season tournaments that clubs will still continue to enter - Its not just pre-season now either is it? there is now usually an end of season tour included as well.

While they all collect their ludicrous wages and the likes of Klopp disrespects the oldest cup tournament in the world.

And don't even get me started on VAR.

Then there is paying £30-40 million for some no mark 20 year old that nobody has heard of outside of football manager.

Then you've got lower league teams with more sponsors names on their shirt than a formula one driver, just trying to eke it out and survive.

Sick of all of it to be honest. I'm not religious but its like the last decadent days of Sodom and Gomorrah

I wish all the money fell out of it and we could go back to how it was.

Plaything of a murdering rogue state currently committing human rights abuses to its own citizens and causing one of the worst humanitarian disasters this century in Yemen?

Nah, I'd rather have Mike Ashley.

Think even most oily merchants would baulk at the £1.5 billion it would cost to buy thfc.. and i think im lowballing us too !

Divesting into non-oil assets is important to them, but more important is 'sportswashing' by which association to a well known club improves the brand / reputation of the owners.

As for £1.5bn being a lot... the current Saudi Sovereign Wealth Fund assets currently stand at well over $500bn.

Pick one: Zuckerberg or Bezos

Zuckerberg "I was a human..."

or,

iu

Tough call, think I'd stick with the nefarious money dealer we have now!

Back
Top Bottom