Would You Rather...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would you prefer in charge of Spurs?

• Nuno

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Dyche

Votes: 40 74.1%
  • Conte

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
Dyche would be awful, boring shit football.

So I voted Dyche because we currently play awful, boring shit football. But at least there'd be some novelty to a manager change for a few days.
At least Dyche doesn't look like the kind of bloke that makes you want to cross the road to avoid the possibility of him asking you for change because he needs to buy a train ticket home, and definitely didn't spend the rest of his money on crack...

And I'll kick it off, I'd prefer Dyche over Nuno.

I think he's done a legitimately difficult job well, might not be glorious to watch but with the resources he has it's difficult to expect that. Also, having seen how attempting to become a more expansive side worked out for Stoke, he has been sensible in sticking to the basics.

Whilst the results and entertainment might not be better under him, I damn sure can't see them being any worse, and he has always conducted himself well in the spotlight, so I w don't think we have any of the cringeworthy "they played good" shit like we get from NononononononononoNO, nor the disingenuous "we will make you proud" guff, closely followed by "with respect, fuck your DNA...".

I think it would be interesting to see how he would do with a bigger budget (slightly...) and better players (ever so slightly!), and would have more optimism going forwards than I can even think about mustering under the current clusterfuck.

On top of that, it would be nice to see some evidence on match day that our players had been actively coached in doing SOMETHING, even if it is not necessarily the silky football that we all crave. It would be nice to think that our bunch of underachieving millionaires were doing more than just having little games of cricket during their working week. I think that's one thing we could guarantee under the Ginger Mourinho, we would actually have a sodding gameplan...

Last edited:
Neither. I'd have Mason over both those options.

Fuck it, get on the blower and see if Michael Carrick fancies a go and get him out of their shit show. I'd rather the unknown than a known shitcunt like Nuno or Dyche.
If neither was an option then I'd have put it in the poll...

Get outta my thread!

:nunoout:

Look, I think Dyche has done a really good job at Burnley, but..

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Dyche would be awful, boring shit football.

So I voted Dyche because we currently play awful, boring shit football. But at least there'd be some novelty to a manager change for a few days.

Dyche is shit. NoclueNuno has more points that Burnley this season. Nuno needs to go but he's better than Dyche. Fuck me even Wolves outperformed Burnley.
You say that, but just comparing our league position against Burnley's doesn't really confirm anything about the relative abilities of the managers.

Would Dyche do better with the resources available at Spurs, not sure, but maybe. Would Nuno do better than Dyche has at Burnley with the resources available there, I personally highly doubt it.

At this moment in time I'd sooner take the maybe option of Dyche than the certain doom of Nunu, and that isn't me advocating for Dyche at Spurs, it's me pointing out how absurd it is that we have a manager in place that 80% of fans who have taken part so far would sooner have Burnley's Sean Dyche than.

That's pretty damning in itself, I'm curious to see just how low the bar is in terms of being more desirable than trampy.

Aas I alluded to , there is only one manager off the top of my head where I think it is even close, and even then it's too tough to call as they both appear to be equally inept.

Never thought I'd see the day that I'd gaze longingly at the Burnley gaffer...
I’d prefer BFS atm

But at least Dyche has the players on board who run and bust a gut for him

Do ours?
You say that, but just comparing our league position against Burnley's doesn't really confirm anything about the relative abilities of the managers.

Would Dyche do better with the resources available at Spurs, not sure, but maybe. Would Nuno do better than Dyche has at Burnley with the resources available there, I personally highly doubt it.

At this moment in time I'd sooner take the maybe option of Dyche than the certain doom of Nunu, and that isn't me advocating for Dyche at Spurs, it's me pointing out how absurd it is that we have a manager in place that 80% of fans who have taken part so far would sooner have Burnley's Sean Dyche than.
If people rated Dyche he wouldn't still be at Burnley.

I appreciate I'm in a minority with the poll, and respect everyone else's thoughts. For what it's worth I reckon we would probably play better without a manager because the players sure as fuck don't know what they are supposed to be doing.
Genuinely, just step back for a minute...

IMAGINE the meltdown if we ACTUALLY went for Sean Dyche! Just think on that for a second...

Pochettino... Mourinho.... N.E.S... Dyche...
That's one fucking downward spiral...
Imagine Kane hanging around to see how THAT plays out!

Back
Top Bottom