Would You Rather...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would you prefer in charge of Spurs?

• Nuno

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Dyche

Votes: 40 74.1%
  • Conte

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters

Herclueless

Austerity est Facile
New game to maybe add a bit of intrigue to the pre-match chats until Nono is given the chop.

Would you swap our Manager for the opposition's?

Starting with Burnley and Dyche, I know who I'd prefer in our dugout, and for almost every game I would be gobsmacked if the bearded dipshit comes out on top, funnily enough the only game where I might be given pause for thought is coming up next weekend.

I've never done a poll before, so it might not work out exactly how I want, but I'll put up a simple Nono vs Dyche poll to start off with, update the OP with results post-kick off and then hopefully change for a new poll for the following game.

If no-ones interested I will take the hint and let this die, but I'm curious to see just HOW unpopular our caretaker actually is, and to hear some of the thoughts on how we would fare under the stewardship of rival managers.

Last edited:
And I'll kick it off, I'd prefer Dyche over Nuno.

I think he's done a legitimately difficult job well, might not be glorious to watch but with the resources he has it's difficult to expect that. Also, having seen how attempting to become a more expansive side worked out for Stoke, he has been sensible in sticking to the basics.

Whilst the results and entertainment might not be better under him, I damn sure can't see them being any worse, and he has always conducted himself well in the spotlight, so I w don't think we have any of the cringeworthy "they played good" shit like we get from NononononononononoNO, nor the disingenuous "we will make you proud" guff, closely followed by "with respect, fuck your DNA...".

I think it would be interesting to see how he would do with a bigger budget (slightly...) and better players (ever so slightly!), and would have more optimism going forwards than I can even think about mustering under the current clusterfuck.

On top of that, it would be nice to see some evidence on match day that our players had been actively coached in doing SOMETHING, even if it is not necessarily the silky football that we all crave. It would be nice to think that our bunch of underachieving millionaires were doing more than just having little games of cricket during their working week. I think that's one thing we could guarantee under the Ginger Mourinho, we would actually have a sodding gameplan...

Last edited:
I’d take Dyche

And that is purely a reflection on how incompetent uncle Albert is rather than how highly I rate Sean Dyche
That's pretty damning in itself, I'm curious to see just how low the bar is in terms of being more desirable than trampy.

Aas I alluded to , there is only one manager off the top of my head where I think it is even close, and even then it's too tough to call as they both appear to be equally inept.

Never thought I'd see the day that I'd gaze longingly at the Burnley gaffer...

That's pretty damning in itself, I'm curious to see just how low the bar is in terms of being more desirable than trampy.

Aas I alluded to , there is only one manager off the top of my head where I think it is even close, and even then it's too tough to call as they both appear to be equally inept.

I’d prefer BFS atm

I’d say there are a clear 3 incompetent managers in the league this year

Nuno
Solskjaer
Steve Bruce

Albeit Bruce is no longer in charge

Early days yet but Nono's conceded 7 without reply, if it carries on like this could whoever it is that has Levy's email address forward the results on come Thursday morning?

Your fanbase would literally prefer Sean Dyche to the dunce you spent 3 months trying to find.

Everything we've seen over the last few years, including Poch's final months, is Sherwood era type stuff. No discernible plan, chaotic football, but usually win against the sides with weaker squads.

One difference being that at least the Sherwood sides appeared to have some passion, yes they'd get humped by the Top 4, but they knew they were better than the rest and they did their best to prove it.

And one problem that we now face is that our squad is no longer much better than the rest, we cannot get by with having a useless manager just relying on the better players winning out more often than not like we could back then.

Neither. I'd have Mason over both those options.

Fuck it, get on the blower and see if Michael Carrick fancies a go and get him out of their shit show. I'd rather the unknown than a known shitcunt like Nuno or Dyche.

Neither. I'd have Mason over both those options.

Fuck it, get on the blower and see if Michael Carrick fancies a go and get him out of their shit show. I'd rather the unknown than a known shitcunt like Nuno or Dyche.
If neither was an option then I'd have put it in the poll...

Get outta my thread!

:nunoout:

I admire Dyche enormously for the job he has done at Burnley. But I don’t have a shred of evidence that he has any other tools. Watching them is horrendous. I can vote for him but I can’t vote for the Portuguese office clerk either.

It’s “none of the above” from me.

I'd take just about anyone over Nuno right now, Somebody posted the damning stats again yesterday and we are in the bottom three on every single measure apart from points strangely.

Just want this sham over with

Actual video of the HT team talk yesterday this.
No that explosive footage is below, but for legal reasons the beard has been cgi'd out for a stapler...

office space workplace GIF by Tech Noir

Back
Top Bottom