Would you sign Berahino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you sign Berahino?

• No way

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • Yes at all costs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes for a cut price in Jan

Votes: 43 42.2%
  • Yes for free this summer

Votes: 24 23.5%

• Total voters
Would you sign Berahino ?
I definitely would if we can get him for 10s or less this window providing the wages aren't ridiculous and a free in the summer obviously.

He's let himself down in his career for sure but I also feel he has been let down massively by West Brom, I think he could do very well for Spurs.

He needs Poch to straighten him up, then we could have a great goal scoring forward to compliment the squad!

No, I think that ship has sailed. The guy has hardly played for 2 seasons.

It's a punt for sure but you could get a 30-40 million pound player for less than 5 equally you could get a drain on resources on a four year deal , worst ways you'll be able to flog him on for 6 or 7 if he doesn't cut it in the first year.

I'm in the no camp. However were we to sign him on an 18 month deal, with an option to extend and the price was £5m then yes to add another option. Given that neither WBA or Saido would likely go for that it's a no!

Two seasons ago I was saying yes as he and Kane formed a formidable partnership for England U21's. It's hard to not get sucked into the press bullshit that surrounds him but looking at what surrounds him I think it is bullshit, honestly what has he done other than hand in a transfer request with the hope of being bought by a young progressive club, playing in Europe and beginning to challenge for championships! I think he has been treated terribly at WBA not the other way around.

If we are in for him then you have to trust our Manager knows what he is on about. Players have had their careers transformed under Poch, this fact alone should have us excited that players also see this, that also want to improve under him and be turned into top class footballers and some with the right ability and attitude turned into World Class players! It's well known that Poch is a hard task master, if you don't train hard you don't play. If you act a tit then you're out without batting an eyelid.

So yeah, bring him in. What exactly is their to loose. (on a side note, just look at Victor Mosses this season, who'd a thunk it!!!!).

Without a doubt.

Player's quality is there but his head has been all over the place for too long hence the near complete loss of interest in his services.

I see a need in our squad for another goalscorer and I think he knows we would represent a chance to resurrect a career that might stop before it ever started.

We are in the Europa, we want to look at winking the league and we have seen that Kane can get injured and maybe not be on top form all the time. We have also seen that Janssen is not yet or at all sorted to playing on his own so Berahino would less take time from Janssen but play alongside or Kane when called upon.

We spent 10m+ on the likes of njie & george.
So I can't see him being any worse than those 2 really.

Back
Top Bottom