Would you sign Berahino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you sign Berahino?

• No way

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • Yes at all costs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes for a cut price in Jan

Votes: 43 42.2%
  • Yes for free this summer

Votes: 24 23.5%

• Total voters
Will go with Poch on this one but tribunal could value him at £8 million

Not worth it imo

I would sign him he wants to play for us and he knows Kane well, could be what we need to unlock the door for more goals!

The record for a compensation amount set stands at £6million for Daniel Sturridge when he moved from Manchester City to Chelsea.

West Brom are a bunch of mugs. Scoffed at our £23million bid, will get 4 times less in the end.

You are joking. 8 million not worth it? Just bizarre.
Just out of curiosity- what makes you think £8 million is worth it? He's barely played for 2 years, looks hopelessly out of condition & has had psychological issues. The record tribunal fee is apparently £6 million-& that's for Sturridge who is many times better (if somewhat fragile)
I can't see how he is currently worth anything like £8 million. You are taking a gamble on a player who had a lot of promise but has basically gone off the rails since he didn't get his move.

Just out of curiosity- what makes you think £8 million is worth it? He's barely played for 2 years, looks hopelessly out of condition & has had psychological issues. The record tribunal fee is apparently £6 million-& that's for Sturridge who is many times better (if somewhat fragile)
I can't see how he is currently worth anything like £8 million. You are taking a gamble on a player who had a lot of promise but has basically gone off the rails since he didn't get his move.
He is worth it: Kane rates him very highly and that's good enough for me!

Just playing devils advocate here- when was the last time Kane & him played in the same team?
Kane with him in the England under 21s and he really rates him stated he feels very comfortable playing along side of him! Granted its a while ago but if we can get him and Poch weaves his magic this could be what we need and Berahino is not going to arc up is he? Spurs is where he wants to be!

~£8M for any youngish premiership capable striker is peanuts. The only issue is if he has any behavioural issues. That is for Poch to decide. I see he was done for drink driving and I'd rather not have people like that playing for us, but I doubt that will come into it at all.

Kane with him in the England under 21s and he really rates him stated he feels very comfortable playing along side of him! Granted its a while ago but if we can get him and Poch weaves his magic this could be what we need and Berahino is not going to arc up is he? Spurs is where he wants to be!
I'm not saying he wouldn't be worth a punt, but £8 million is a lot of money for someone who hasn't featured for 2 years, has looked disinterested & unfit when he has been on the fringes. Kane has motored on since his u21 days. Berahino has gone a long way backwards. I can't see a tribunal making the buying team pay anywhere near £8 million & if WBA want to risk a tribunal I wouldn't pay Over the odds in January. He ain't gonna be match fit for half the remainder of the season. If he wants to come to us, he will bide his time if his club are still playing silly twats

I'm not saying he wouldn't be worth a punt, but £8 million is a lot of money for someone who hasn't featured for 2 years, has looked disinterested & unfit when he has been on the fringes. Kane has motored on since his u21 days. Berahino has gone a long way backwards. I can't see a tribunal making the buying team pay anywhere near £8 million & if WBA want to risk a tribunal I wouldn't pay Over the odds in January. He ain't gonna be match fit for half the remainder of the season. If he wants to come to us, he will bide his time if his club are still playing silly twats
He is English in his early 20s and worth a punt I reckon why should we buy some foreign stuff that has not proved themselves in PL

He is English in his early 20s and worth a punt I reckon why should we buy some foreign stuff that has not proved themselves in PL
Only Poch knows if he still has a role for him, so we will have to see. I can see him coming to us if he is over his troubles & is willing to get his nut down & work to get fit , but don't think it will be for £8 million.

Resurrecting this deal would feel like us going back in for Scott Brown...

Just feels like rumour from a totally different Spurs era!
:paulinhobored::bentley::dempsey::mong::gio::saha::sherwoodlol:

Back
Top Bottom