Would you still sign Berahino?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What would you pay for Saido (if anything)?

• Total voters
VDV went at a knockdown price and so did Eriksen... Martinez or Lacazette won't. THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE

the French league is abysmal? guess we should go ahead and sign PSG's best players too. Not like Lacazette didn't already fire Lyon to the CL last year. The fact that the league is poor (not abysmal) also doesn't address the fact that bigger clubs than ours will be in for him who are regularly in the CL and can offer higher wages

So are we going to bench Kane for this new 30m+ striker you say isn't out of our range or are we signing this 30m striker for the bench? Assuming Levy even wants to spend that much on a striker considering what happened last time. Atletico paid Martinez release clause of 35m and Martinez said he wouldn't have gone to a non CL team too, so no it wasn't him not suiting Poch, we wouldn't have got him either way.

Seems pretty realistic considering we have to pay off our new stadium too

The french league is abysmal. As far as a league is concerned it's about as competitive as the SPL. One oil rich team leading a poor league doesn't make said league any better. And I wouldn't be surprised to see us pay big money on the right player even though we are building a stadium as we are still looking to have the stadium funded with sponsorship money and naming rights.

To think Martinez and Lacazette are out of our range is ridiculous though. We've signed players "out of our reach" before and we'll do it again, and again, and again. That's the nature of this business. Teams do it all the fucking time.

Well Harry Redknapp recommend we DON'T sign him now, and I'm sure he's always had our best interests at heart... so that's good enough for me.
Drop this dud...
Besides, Townsend still has a part to play!

As to the OP's question, if Poch wants him then I'm on board.

I'd stick to under 15mil purely because he's hardly being played but I have no problem with his attitude. The way I see it, WB already bought his replacement but Pearce just wanted top dollar for him and Levy wasn't going to be taken to the cleaners. Now, Levy with either pay less then what he intended to pay or we'll look elsewhere. I like Ighalo but I doubt he'll come if he's option "B" although top 4 and Europe would look very appealing to anyone from Watford.

Well Harry Redknapp recommend we DON'T sign him now, and I'm sure he's always had our best interests at heart... so that's good enough for me.
Drop this dud...
Besides, Townsend still has a part to play!
Disagree with Townsend: Think he is out, anyone who cannot tow the line gets dropped apparently!
Harry is probably right although I reckon Poch knows what he is doing!

He was refused a move, simple as that. Imagine being stuck in a job you weren't enjoying when you could have potentially moved to a better looking job in the summer, earned a lot more money and had a lot more success? and was then told you simply ain't moving and are going to stay somewhere you don't want to be?

As far as I am aware, he hasn't come out and refused to play? Correct me if I am wrong though. He has still made himself available, going by his twitter and other social media he is still working very hard and keeping himself fit so if we do end up signing him he won't be out of shape of unfit and he should be ready to slot right in.

I don't think he's a bad egg. I think it's all a myth the whole "bad attitude" thing - sure what he said on twitter was perhaps unprofessional but I don't think he has a bad attitude. It's not got to the stage where Pulis has headbutted him whilst naked in the showers.

I think he'd be a welcome signing. He is quick, a very good finisher, can play up top on his own and can also play outwide. Also knows players at the club from playing in the U21s so would be a welcome fit in my opinion.

Let's see if he drives up to WHL when the window opens!

Definitely. So many of the PL games come down to an outright scrap in the middle of the pitch, that's why Dembele and Dier have become virtually indispensable.

Wanyama would offer cover for both of them and also for the centre backs, as Dier would be able to be moved back.

Bentaleb and Mason already offer cover for the Dier wolf!

I would have Berahino here in a heartbeat great little player who I feel has been royally stitched up by Brom , Ighalo for me is a flash in the pan , Wanyama a headless chicken , Jackson Martinez a fancy foreigner that would struggle in the premier league that would command a huge fee and wages.

My shortlist would be Bojan , Embolo , Berahino , Watmore

Id still take him but hes damaged goods in a few ways now... No more than £15M. TBH with Son on the books that kind of role is covered well, i wouldnt sign Saido if a similar player to Kane bacame available for the same money (ie. Someone who can hold the ball up)

Neither is a holding midfielder imo, both naturally want to play further forward.
Nor was Dier 6 months ago. Surely one of them at least (I would say Bentaleb is better suited) can be molded into a DM?

It's the only role he's really played in a Spurs shirt since his debut 12 months ago...

Nor was Dier 6 months ago. Surely one of them at least (I would say Bentaleb is better suited) can be molded into a DM?

It's the only role he's really played in a Spurs shirt since his debut 12 months ago...
He was pretty immense at left back tbf

But for Dier the transition was learning to be slightly more attack minded and to close people down at the right times.

A lot of the time we play with one or both of the fullbacks going forward and the defensive midfielder either dropping in as a 3rd centre back or to cover at fullback.

Neither Mason or Bentaleb had the discipline to do that effectively last season, I honestly don't think either will ever learn the role. Both are more suited to play Dembele or Alli's positions.

I understand West Brom fan's anger towards us and Berahino. It has happened to us enough. However one thing on their forum they mention is that he has gained a lot of weight. Not sure if January is the best time to buy him. Although might be cheaper due to his fitness. Personally i think there are better options all over Europe.

Please Levy bring in Embolo

Back
Top Bottom