Would you take Mourinho?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take Mourinho as Poch replacement?

• Yes

Votes: 114 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 40.5%
  • Id rather shag my granny

Votes: 76 24.8%

• Total voters
I’d be wary of Mourinho. Quite apart from all the baggage that goes with him, I sense his best days behind him. Not that winning a league or any sort of a trophy is part of the job mandate at Spurs but it’s been diminishing returns for Mourinho. He won 9 leagues and 2 European Cups in his first 7 seasons as a manager from 2001/02 to 2009/10. In the last 9 seasons he’s won 2 leagues (Real Madrid 2011/12 and Chelsea 2014/15) and hasn’t been near it, in Europe. Every job he’s had, he’s had pretty much the biggest cheque book and he’s been brought in to deliver the big prizes Day 1. He’s fallen out with everyone by Season 3 anyway. What would we demanding from Mourinho and expecting him to deliver before he’s fallen out with everyone by Season 3?

I’d be wary of Mourinho. Quite apart from all the baggage that goes with him, I sense his best days behind him. Not that winning a league or any sort of a trophy is part of the job mandate at Spurs but it’s been diminishing returns for Mourinho. He won 9 leagues and 2 European Cups in his first 7 seasons as a manager from 2001/02 to 2009/10. In the last 9 seasons he’s won 2 leagues (Real Madrid 2011/12 and Chelsea 2014/15) and hasn’t been near it, in Europe. Every job he’s had, he’s had pretty much the biggest cheque book and he’s been brought in to deliver the big prizes Day 1. He’s fallen out with everyone by Season 3 anyway. What would we demanding from Mourinho and expecting him to deliver before he’s fallen out with everyone by Season 3?

I don't see him as long term but he would bring a) a degree of defensive solidity and b) probably a minor trophy, to us or the Goons. He will also destabilise the dressing room, fall out with the owners and leave a trail of destruction in his wake. I am wary but some might think it's a risk worth taking. I just think Benitez is more sensible if we want to go down that route.

Bring the cunt here already. Let's be even more hated than we are! On the other side, can you imagine if we beat the Chavs at their shithole?

Last edited:
Not keen on him at Spurs but I think it’s more than likely now, in saying that if he comes and does a good job I will gladly admit I was wrong.

Back
Top Bottom