Would you willing to boycott in protest against Enic for the first twenty minutes of the first home game next season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Boycott the first twenty minutes of the first home match next season?

• Yes

Votes: 37 69.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 30.2%

• Total voters
Hi all.

I am setting up a poll to see if people would be interested in boycotting the first twenty minutes of the first home game next season to show their displeasure against Levy and Enic. This is because of the lack of ambition or any plan that they have shown in their twenty year ownership of Spurs.

The fact that they approached Pochettino and Conte just so they could renew a few hundred extra season tickets. The fact that our best player wants to leave because we do not match his ambition.

I will never get more than 20% of attendees to participate. Nice idea but won’t have the impact

need nutters clamouring up the stands a la Dier trying to attack the roach

There will be some really vocal we want Levy out chants that will see him squirm. That will quickly escalate into most if not all screaming it

I'm undecided, simply because unless you get 100% take up, it won't make the impact required. I would have thought a loud, vocal protest inside the ground would be more effective.

I'm undecided, simply because unless you get 100% take up, it won't make the impact required. I would have thought a loud, vocal protest inside the ground would be more effective.
The problem seems to be that too many of our supporters believe that no matter what they do, nothing will change so getting 100% take up seems impossible.

So they just accept it, look at the defeatist responses in every thread suggesting action.

"We can't do anything" "They won't listen" "We just have to accept it"

It's bollocks quite frankly, we shouldn't accept it and as supporters we DO have the power to change things if, like you say, we all come together.

However, convincing everyone, including the defeatists, that we can make a change seems a very difficult task due to people being too afraid to challenge the current ownership.

Its a pickle, the ultimate protest is to simply not show up, no protest, nothing just don't attend the matches, don't buy the kit, don't spend a penny on the club. But then what kind of supporters do we look?

Fans are on a hiding to nothing and ultimately what is your protest for? Levy out? He is a part owner... ENIC out, post COVID who is going to by us and the debt we have?

The problem seems to be that too many of our supporters believe that no matter what they do, nothing will change so getting 100% take up seems impossible.

So they just accept it, look at the defeatist responses in every thread suggesting action.

It's bollocks quite frankly, we shouldn't accept it and as supporters we DO have the power to change things if, like you say, we all come together.

However, convincing everyone, including the defeatists, that we can make a change seems a very difficult task due to people being too afraid to challenge the current ownership.
What are you protesting to gain? What is the ultimate outcome you want? Its not a defeatist attitude its the reality of the situation.

I'm definitely boycotting the shop and the prematch eateries in the ground, but I'm not going to boycott games.

Ok, playing devils advocate.

You've spent over £1,000 for your season ticket, yet you are deciding to miss the first 20 mins of each match you go to. Who misses out? You or Levy? Who are you punishing? The fans/players or Levy?

I get the sentiment behind this 'call to arms' by the OP, I just think the people that will suffer/care are the fans.

Personally, I think Crispin is on the right track by boycotting branded goods, etc. I won't be buying merchandise from the club shops for example.

Back
Top Bottom