Would you willing to boycott in protest against Enic for the first twenty minutes of the first home game next season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Boycott the first twenty minutes of the first home match next season?

• Yes

Votes: 37 69.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 30.2%

• Total voters
It’s a unknown fact that the pie and pint for a fiver is actually a break even item for levy , he just uses this deal to lure people into the stadium and once the deal has run out they end up spending more money on food and drink so he makes a profit , so my proposal is we go in early , and order as many pies and pints for £5 as we can manage , once the offer ends we don’t spend a single penny more in the stadium! :angryscouser:

It’s a unknown fact that the pie and pint for a fiver is actually a break even item for levy , he just uses this deal to lure people into the stadium and once the deal has run out they end up spending more money on food and drink so he makes a profit , so my proposal is we go in early , and order as many pies and pints for £5 as we can manage , once the offer ends we don’t spend a single penny more in the stadium! :angryscouser:
We want you to stayyy,
We want you to staayyyyaayyy,
£5 meal deal,
We want you to stay.

If the Villa game is anything to go by, the pie & a pint deal is gone and so is the fiver a pint.

Not spending money in the club shop or in the bars wont change Levy’s policy. Its a drop in the ocean and could easily be misinterpreted by the top brass as fans lacking cash due to the covid effected economy.

As Tomo points out
“Boycotts don’t work as other fans just take their place and football now is global so most cash comes from TV rights. The only current way is protest, is to make life very uncomfortable for their former owners, “
Thats what has to happen. He needs to know we blame him and Enic for failing to invest when we were so close.

Regards missing 20mins of the match as the commendable Whistleblower pointed out
“You've spent over £1,000 for your season ticket, yet you are deciding to miss the first 20 mins of each match you go to. Who misses out? You or Levy?” Answer, the small percentage who would do this.

Leemac suggestion I think is the best.
chants of “we want Levy / ENIC / Hitchins (take turns) out” should ring out. Remember when it was sung against George Gooner Graham?? Need to channel that feeling.
Levy should clearly hear our frustration and squirm in his padded seat whilst surrounded by lackies.

For the record, im not completely anti Levy. I think he done some great things to improve the club. But I think his poor decisions and penny pinching in recent years has squandered the position we worked so hard to achieve. I want him / Enic to change or for them to leave.

Anyway, back to point. In the stadium, on radio stations, on social media (for the those young enough) we should support the team but loudly criticise the board.

I have a feeling that Levy would be about as receptive to being asked to leave Spurs as Mike Ashley is to leave Newcastle - possibly even less so, which is why my protest will involve swirling my trousers around my head.

Wave scarves of one of the old club colours? (obvs not the 1890-96 one).

old-kit.jpg

I would support a 20 minute walk out. That would make more of a public impact IMHO. I’d also have a better chance of a seat on the train home.

:wansum:
As a one off,I get it. But why should people ruin their enjoyment (I use that term loosely)when there are are other ways. Don't buy the stuff they sell. The proud boast of the club when they had that NFL weekend the other year was they made over a million on drink &food alone. Hit them there.

I don't think songs about ENIC OUT will cut it unfortunately.

I came up with a controversial idea that would be very visually obvious and pick up a lot of attention. A mass RED protest.

Think about that one pillock out of 60k that turns up in a red jacket and stands out like a sore thumb.
Now imagine tens of thousands.

The main problem is getting the meaning of the red protest out. People need to know it means we want ENIC gone.

What are you protesting about?

Fantastic run under Poch with one of the best squads in the EPL- the best in the clubs history. 2nd and 3rd place finishes and a champions league final. Poch was offered the chance of Tielemens, Coutinho and Bale - he didn't want them.

Team needed a rebuild. Poch burnt out so brought in one of the most successful managers in world football and spent 200m on new players - all of whom the fans were VERY pleased with at the time.

Covid hit.
The players burnt out.
Mourinho flopped.
The new signings flopped.

Suddenly its all ENICs fault?

Before you go organising protests, lets see who gets hired as the new coach and what improvements to the squad have been made.

Fair enough, if we sell Kane and buy Jolinton with Martinez as coach I'll join the protest!! But let's wait and see and stop listening to ITK on SpursCommunity!!!

Fuck me you must either be Levy or be sense as fuck.

What are you protesting about?

Fantastic run under Poch with one of the best squads in the EPL- the best in the clubs history. 2nd and 3rd place finishes and a champions league final. Poch was offered the chance of Tielemens, Coutinho and Bale - he didn't want them.

Team needed a rebuild. Poch burnt out so brought in one of the most successful managers in world football and spent 200m on new players - all of whom the fans were VERY pleased with at the time.

Covid hit.
The players burnt out.
Mourinho flopped.
The new signings flopped.

Suddenly its all ENICs fault?

Before you go organising protests, lets see who gets hired as the new coach and what improvements to the squad have been made.

Fair enough, if we sell Kane and buy Jolinton with Martinez as coach I'll join the protest!! But let's wait and see and stop listening to ITK on SpursCommunity!!!
Team needed to start the rebuild in 2018 but we are now in 2021 and the rebuild is yet to even start. Wanyama got a knee injury in 2017 and we did not replace him until 2020. The fact is Levy and Enic's piss poor planning has meant we have gone from getting 86 points in the 2016/17 season to 62 points this season. We can not blame Covid or the stadium build for as the cause of our regression. The fact is we have had no plan for a number of years.

There is two ways you can go about it to challenge the top when it comes to challenging the top. You either have to outspend everyone else. The only other way is player churn you sign enough young players after good scouting that some come through. With the second option you have to sell players quickly after you work out they are not going to work an example of this is what we did with Wimmer.

Back
Top Bottom