Wrexham To Become Global Force

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it helps your 'City of Culture' bid if the town is a shithole, because the designation is supposed to promote regeneration through cultural events. The last winner was Hull, ffs.

I suppose it's not a problem that Wrexham is a town, not a city?

My sister's a Man Utd season ticket holder, & she said the same thing to me.

She has no clue about worth - despite the fact that she used to be the person who decides who gets a credit card & who doesn't.

I've finished watching Welcome To Wrexham. They are lovely guys and their heart is the right place but they have no idea about running a football club. I think they are more into the community aspect of it all and seem to handle that well. They seem to defer to another screenwriter/actor but I don't think he knows much more than them. They do have a great sense of humour about it all and what seems like endless patience.

They are doing well though. If they win their games-in-hand they can go top in the National League.

I've finished watching Welcome To Wrexham. They are lovely guys and their heart is the right place but they have no idea about running a football club. I think they are more into the community aspect of it all and seem to handle that well. They seem to defer to another screenwriter/actor but I don't think he knows much more than them. They do have a great sense of humour about it all and what seems like endless patience.

They are doing well though. If they win their games-in-hand they can go top in the National League.
Nobody really has a clue though about how to run a football club, least of all the fans. At any given time you could likely count on one hand how many European clubs' fans feel they're being well run and managed.

Nobody really has a clue though about how to run a football club, least of all the fans. At any given time you could likely count on one hand how many European clubs' fans feel they're being well run and managed.
Apparently, Liverpool are run extremely well — according to a recent report.
That was taking into account, living within their means, etc.

Trust me, Wrexham will finish second. They always finish second in this division.

Then Chesterfield will beat them at Wembley.

They play horrid football - I really hope Notts County go up as winners.

Think that Shaun Harvey is the main guy who is helping them run the club behind the scenes

But, but, but, they're such great guys!

:avbnaa:
Joke. Bought the club for the price of a large family house in London, presumably because of the sorry state of the infrastructure, but now the government is covering the renovation.

Being rich must be so nice, don't even have to spend money to make money these days.

Joke. Bought the club for the price of a large family house in London, presumably because of the sorry state of the infrastructure, but now the government is covering the renovation.

Being rich must be so nice, don't even have to spend money to make money these days.
It was supposed to be covered by the "Levelling Up" fund. So a Conservative MP ( Sarah Atherton ) was elected on that promise. Then, once the Conservative MP was in place, Wrexham was told to swivel. No Levelling Up fund. It was bullshit. A con.

It was supposed to be covered by the "Levelling Up" fund. So a Conservative MP ( Sarah Atherton ) was elected on that promise. Then, once the Conservative MP was in place, Wrexham was told to swivel. No Levelling Up fund. It was bullshit. A con.
Shouldn't have promised that to begin with. Government needs to invest in public infrastructure that enables better business productivity, not just building a new stadium for a football club, which of course becomes the property of the owners.

This is enriching the personal wealth of two already very rich men. If they must build it, they should demand a share of the company. Like we did with RBS after the bailout. £17m should buy a lot of fucking Wrexham.

Shouldn't have promised that to begin with. Government needs to invest in public infrastructure that enables better business productivity, not just building a new stadium for a football club, which of course becomes the property of the owners.

This is enriching the personal wealth of two already very rich men. If they must build it, they should demand a share of the company. Like we did with RBS after the bailout. £17m should buy a lot of fucking Wrexham.
It was supposed to be part of a greater scheme called the Wrexham Gateway. Which was connecting the new Kop stand with the train station close by, via a tunnel. It was also a new road system in the same area of the city. I think that the tunnel is to make it easier to keep rival fans apart. Though the more I think about it, the less it makes sense. Because the tunnel would be funnelling the home fans into the station, which makes little sense.

Back
Top Bottom