WTF is going wrong

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As the title suggests

• Under-invested mess of a squad

Votes: 100 49.8%
  • Over-the-hill mess of a manager

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • Both of the above

Votes: 60 29.9%
  • I prefer to stick my head in the sand and pretend everythings sweet

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • We have the right board and the right manager, but teams lose games sometimes

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Liver metatastis frequency

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
My way of looking at it is that if we slip to mid table and lose our key players Spurs will still be Spurs. And I support Spurs, and at any level we could always win the next game so, I’m in.

I have changed my mind. I thought we could slowly start bringing in players and rebuild the squad over time, but this team is done aside from the obvious exceptions. We need another 8-10 players or so to get back on track.

My way of looking at it is that if we slip to mid table and lose our key players Spurs will still be Spurs. And I support Spurs, and at any level we could always win the next game so, I’m in.
Agreed but that will make it harder to get back to where we are now.
Signing decent players, winning things?
Cannot see JM being overjoyed when we get to 40 points!

Agreed but that will make it harder to get back to where we are now.
Signing decent players, winning things?
Cannot see JM being overjoyed when we get to 40 points!
Accepting the situation does not make me lacking in ambition. I am desperate for success - and that means silverware.
But the situation is beyond my control, so I was indicating that there is life after top four and until Spurs regroup and rebuild, we can still get something out of our footie.

Agree but the game is changing all the time. It takes one team to be successful playing a certain style and then others start to copy. Parking the bus and counter attacking will come back into fashion at some point. It's cyclical. Nothing ever stays the same.

So all we have to do is keep Jose for a decade and be patient then.

We underinvested in our squad, but instead blamed our best manager since Bill Nic, and now we’re in the same place, but with a worse manager.

Accepting the situation does not make me lacking in ambition. I am desperate for success - and that means silverware.
But the situation is beyond my control, so I was indicating that there is life after top four and until Spurs regroup and rebuild, we can still get something out of our footie.
You are talking to someone who has been supporting Spurs for 60 years. OK I started when we won the double ! But for God's sake we haven't won the league since. That is patience. We came 2nd to Everton, more recently came 3rd in a 2 horse race with the mighty Leicester! Lost the last game of the season to Newcastle 5-1. We once lost 8-2 to Derby! We were once relegated to Div 2.
I have been a bystander when we appointed managers such as Gross, Ramos and Graham! We appointed Graham because he was a winner! Have you heard that one recently.
SO, as Coronavirus might finish me off soon, I would like to see us win the league before I croak. Thats why I don't want to accept mediocrity and a 5 year plan. If JM is being paid this ridiculous amount to sort this out, why is he giving up before we have lost the chance to finish top 4 ? His choices plus plan against Wolves was hard to understand. Too many changes, systems and leaked goals.

Compared to last year we lost 3 important players. Ericksen, Son and Kane + (LLorente). Not the same squad our offensive options are limited but I still believe in a top 4 finish. it's not like Man Utd and Chelsea don't waste opportunities themselves
vous êtes une personne extraordinairement optimiste

Compared to last year we lost 3 important players. Ericksen, Son and Kane + (LLorente). Not the same squad our offensive options are limited but I still believe in a top 4 finish. it's not like Man Utd and Chelsea don't waste opportunities themselves
OK but we have lost at home to Wolves and Chelski. If we lose to UTD it will be game over. After next week, we will only be involved in the league so..........

Of course we may win 2-1 in East Germany, and get through to the CL final again.
Will have to go now as I obviously need to take some more medication!

call me crazy
OK but we have lost at home to Wolves and Chelski. If we lose to UTD it will be game over. After next week, we will only be involved in the league so..........

Of course we may win 2-1 in East Germany, and get through to the CL final again.
Will have to go now as I obviously need to take some more medication!

I don't think we can hope much in Germany but Man Utd and Chelsea do drop silly points themselves that's why I refuse to give up. You probably gave up too when we were down 2-0 in Amsterdam last year. I still think Dele Alli will eventually wake up

Who?

Because we have a CB playing at wing back too.
I have changed my mind. I thought we could slowly start bringing in players and rebuild the squad over time, but this team is done aside from the obvious exceptions. We need another 8-10 players or so to get back on track.
You are talking to someone who has been supporting Spurs for 60 years. OK I started when we won the double ! But for God's sake we haven't won the league since. That is patience. We came 2nd to Everton, more recently came 3rd in a 2 horse race with the mighty Leicester! Lost the last game of the season to Newcastle 5-1. We once lost 8-2 to Derby! We were once relegated to Div 2.
I have been a bystander when we appointed managers such as Gross, Ramos and Graham! We appointed Graham because he was a winner! Have you heard that one recently.
SO, as Coronavirus might finish me off soon, I would like to see us win the league before I croak. Thats why I don't want to accept mediocrity and a 5 year plan. If JM is being paid this ridiculous amount to sort this out, why is he giving up before we have lost the chance to finish top 4 ? His choices plus plan against Wolves was hard to understand. Too many changes, systems and leaked goals.

The men who waited for decades knows it best, give us back the spurs that plays swashbuckling football

Mourinho out, I thought pochettino for his treatment of players is rightfully sacked, it wasn't always pretty under him anyway. Many a times, eriksen or kane bail him out

Those blaming the window of 2018.

What was the excuse for flouncing in the Leicester season. Two years earlier?

We also lost three semis and a final before 2018 when the squad was peak.

Answers on a postcard please

It’s obvious. Jose wasn’t lying when he said he was taking a whole new approach to management when he first came in. But therein lays the problem..he has no clue what to do. To me it looks like he just reacts to games. Give it half an hour see how we go then react. He could park the bus no problem and resort to type.. but he’s realising now he hasn’t got the players to do it. The game has passed him by and never once has it looked right to me seeing him in the spurs dugout. He’s a Chelsea cunt and always will be.

It’s obvious. Jose wasn’t lying when he said he was taking a whole new approach to management when he first came in. But therein lays the problem..he has no clue what to do. To me it looks like he just reacts to games. Give it half an hour see how we go then react. He could park the bus no problem and resort to type.. but he’s realising now he hasn’t got the players to do it. The game has passed him by and never once has it looked right to me seeing him in the spurs dugout. He’s a Chelsea cunt and always will be.
Or he is Aladdin and he has a golden lamp and is going rub it next season.

Jose's has tried having the team be more open, but we are equally as bad, as the team lack defensive nous, just look at the goals we concede, low block currently is to help the defence.

The fact Jose is trying Dier at the back, means we can push up a little more, as witnessed in the 1st half versus Wolves and Norwich.

We do not have enough personel to play three in the middle, consistently with the amount of games we have played.

We need two full backs, on both flanks, two defensive midfielders, a striker and two keepers, and depending on Mourinho's experiement with Dier at the back two centre backs,Toby can be used for rotation.

Sanchez is unfortunately not good enough, regardless who he is partnerted with, if we had cover for full backs, i am sure Tanganga, would be shoe horn for one of the centre back positions.

The fact that we are 5 points of Chelsea, who have an abundance of riches in every position and Man Utd, who are only short of another central midfielder,due to Pogba's season long injury, although they could do with another right back, is actally encouraging and with the right additions in the summer, we will be fine going into next season and our ceiling will be alot higher.

Back
Top Bottom