WTF is going wrong

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As the title suggests

• Under-invested mess of a squad

Votes: 100 49.8%
  • Over-the-hill mess of a manager

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • Both of the above

Votes: 60 29.9%
  • I prefer to stick my head in the sand and pretend everythings sweet

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • We have the right board and the right manager, but teams lose games sometimes

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Liver metatastis frequency

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
And what if over 20 years the right tools provided have been left on the bench in key games by managers that have made appalling decisions.

I guess you will revert to the mantra “it’s Levy’s fault for hiring them”.

Well other than AVB, on the last 12 years every manager has been a step up.
We are three months into this one, he’s a proven winner with a mess of a squad who took over in November.

I won’t be calling this a failure until it’s proven to be one. You can’t really fail before you’ve built something yourself.
It would be like calling Poch a failure in his first season, despite the luxury he had in a summer window, pre season, tour and several months at the club before the season began.
In fact, it would've been extremely easy to call Poch a failure up until that Aston Villa game. His job was on the line for a period and was eventually saved by Kane (who else?). And then Poch didn't really manifest as a true force until the season after that. Jose hasn't had anywhere near as much time (and I'm coming from a perspective of not particularly liking the guy for the most part).

Good piece

Corona has saved Mourinho for now but I fear it hasn't saved us.

Levy has a huge summer ahead. How much does he spend, who can he shift , does he want to give Mourinho the millions and millions his going to demand.

Its possibly our most important summer ever. If we give Mourinho the money and it works then levy has cracked it, if it doesn't we might have spanked years worth of our budget.

If he doesnt then chaos could be ahead.

Back
Top Bottom