Wycombe Wanderers vs Tottenham Hotspur | FA Cup 4th Round | Monday 25 Jan, KO: 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No way they are posthoning it if there is a chance some of our players may be infected for the Liverpool game.

And NO fucking way they will posthone our Liverpool game if we have players infected.

It's lasagnegate all over again

Geez Akinfenwa still playing for them eh? Should be interesting. As I recall he scored against us last time. Should be a good aerial test for our CBs.

If this game goes ahead, we'd better play a mostly B team given we have Liverpool 3 days later. Wycombe is dead last in the Championship for fuck's sake, and this is just the 4th round. If we trot out a team suitable for a semifinal against a PL team, I won't be pleased.

Hart
Doherty Tanganga Rodon Davies
Winks Sissoko
Bale Dele Lamela
Vinicius

Important for Tanganga, Rodon and Vinicius to play as they all need minutes.

Second string should be enough, although Wycombe are a championship side, need to remember that even though they aren’t fairing particularly well in it

Big boys on the bench if desperately needed

We'll be fielding a reasonably strong team for this one, probably not full strength, but still decent.
José has already said that aiming to win the cups is more important than aiming to win the league, plus he likes the cup and has a good history. Whilst Wycombe are not doing too well in the Championship they're probably going to go all out for this so could easily trip us up if we don't take them seriously enough.

We are not in any title challenge . This game is more important . Domestic trophies was the goal this season . Strongest team possible
Title challenge or not, we should be beating this side and giving players a rest.

It’s not like we are playing Chelsea and have a real conundrum with Liverpool later.
You don’t have to believe we can win the title, but if you want us to pull our pants down for Liverpool I don’t get that at all

I think
The fact we’re in a title challenge royal rumble says we should really go second string here.
Disgrace that this isn’t Saturday when we haven’t played for ages anyway
I think He'll mix it up a bit. Vinicius has proved an able deputy. Think lamela lucas toby will get starts which should see us through against a struggling championship side. But going from 0 games a week to 3 is a fucking joke. Wouldnt get the Spanish or Italian leagues doing that to their teams but tv money talks over here.

Title challenge or not, we should be beating this side and giving players a rest.

It’s not like we are playing Chelsea and have a real conundrum with Liverpool later.
You don’t have to believe we can win the title, but if you want us to pull our pants down for Liverpool I don’t get that at all
A lot of teams should be beating other teams . It’s a very odd season . We should have comfortably beat them a couple of years ago, we didn’t , but thankfully gotlucky in the 96th minute. Out of the two games , to me this is more important . So I would go with the strongest possible team. Get a decent lead , then make the changes

Back
Top Bottom