Yet another shit, classless club in london.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tricky

Supporter
Man up and LOL
FFS, What is it with the classless shit clubs in london? And why was Terry in the stands?

Ful article:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15742988.stm

Chelsea are investigating more claims of racist abuse, this time directed at Daniel Sturridge by one of their fans.

The incident occurred during the Blues' 1-1 draw at Belgian club Genk in the Champions League two weeks ago.

The complaint was lodged by a Chelsea executive club member who is said to have heard the fan say, "They are bringing on the monkeys", when the 22-year-old came on as a substitute.

"We are investigating several complaints," a club statement said.

The Blues are already conducting an inquiry into alleged chants about QPR's Anton Ferdinand during the same match.

Some of the travelling fans were believed to have chanted "Anton Ferdinand, you know what you are", in apparent support for Chelsea captain John Terry, who is being investigated by police and the Football Association over claims he used a racial slur against the Hoops defender.

Someone needs to tell them it's not 1985 anymore and there's a good 25-30 years between Sturridge and Paul Canoville.

the thing that makes me laugh is people think this is new. Having been to Chelsea plenty of times I eventually stopped when the hissing got so bad I vowed to never return. That was only about 6-7 seasons ago. Racism is lodged firmly in football, including at WHL where you will often here derogatory racist comments aimed mainly towards oppo players without a thought of what's being said.

People seem to think because you're at the football it's acceptable and not really meant "like that". I'm not just discussing racism towards black men either, there's plenty of paddy/stupid yank/taffy wanker etc remarks too.

At chelsea however, even though they're now largely made up of CL glory hunters there's still the same inbred moron underbelly to their support there's always been and I doubt it'll ever change. They're the EDL of the EPL.

tricky said:
The complaint was lodged by a Chelsea executive club member who is said to have heard the fan say, "They are bringing on the monkeys", when the 22-year-old came on as a substitute.

I thought Martin Keown retired?

newpag29.gif

drwinston001 said:
the thing that makes me laugh is people think this is new. Having been to Chelsea plenty of times I eventually stopped when the hissing got so bad I vowed to never return. That was only about 6-7 seasons ago. Racism is lodged firmly in football, including at WHL where you will often here derogatory racist comments aimed mainly towards oppo players without a thought of what's being said.

People seem to think because you're at the football it's acceptable and not really meant "like that". I'm not just discussing racism towards black men either, there's plenty of paddy/stupid yank/taffy wanker etc remarks too.

At chelsea however, even though they're now largely made up of CL glory hunters there's still the same inbred moron underbelly to their support there's always been and I doubt it'll ever change. They're the EDL of the EPL.

Great post, I remember 80's Chelsea, the NF leaflets, and the majority of their fans were white, with bulldog tattoos. The fanbase has changed a bit, but the underlying edge is still there.
WHL has its fair share of nasty chanting too. I remember when Keane came back from Liverpool I regularly heard people in Park Lane chanting for him to tarmac their drive. Is that acceptable?
Racism is a problem in society, its on the whole muted at football grounds, but is still around.

Just today I got told by a chelscum fan that we are greedy Jewish cunts because we didn't sell Modric. Fucking hate chelscum, as much as I do the scum.

Back
Top Bottom