Yids in the northbank

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember one year,I was with my Dad,so was only young and like you watching from the Clock end. There had been half hearted attempts the take it for an hour,but the goons thought they had survived. Then when the captain's were in the centre circle tossing a coin,there was an all mighty roar and mass charge/surge and Woolwich wherein the pitch, totally humiliated. It was visual poetry,a modern work of art. The clock end were all applauding . Even my Dad,who hated football violence. Think that was probably the last time it happened,as it had gone out off fashion, pretty much.

No ‘stories’ as such. I was also a young lad watching from the Clock End. Never experienced them coming into the CE but saw ‘disturbances’ on the North Bank.

More vivid are memories of it ‘going off’ in the seats - both East and West lower.

Cam anyone shed light on the game (think it was mid80’s) when Roberts put Nicholas in the stand. Legend has it that Chelsea & West Ham showed up at Highbury that day after their game was called off 🤔

Cam anyone shed light on the game (think it was mid80’s) when Roberts put Nicholas in the stand. Legend has it that Chelsea & West Ham showed up at Highbury that day after their game was called off 🤔
From memory , I think Chelsea West Ham was called off earlier that day.
I saw a single file of Chelsea slowly walking down to the side of the Clock End (our bit) It was during the game and very low key. Not much happened. One bloke shouted 'we hate Chelsea etc' and got a few digs.

A little firm of young looking yids opened one of the gates and came through to engage in a brief scuffle before a fella whistled and alerted OB to have a look. They weren't too bothered but then surrounded the Chelsea lot and there was another firm also surrounded adjacent to them, I presumed some Tottenham.
I was leaning on one of those white railings inbetween them so could bizarrely hear some of them chatting on friendly enough terms. Chelsea saying 'He'll be an England player , Howells' and' you should have seen us walking round their manor this morning like we owned it' and 'that's us up there second half' pointing to the north bank.

From what I've subsequently heard from others, most like minded yids were in the seats, but still, Chelsea weren't really opposed and it was in a time of a downturn for our off the field activities following a debacle at West Ham away a couple of years previous, resulting in many little firms doing their own thing.

Back
Top Bottom