Your 5 best and worst memories of the decade

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Best:
5 - Crouchie's match v Man City which put us into the Champions League for the first time (also the moment that made me a Tottenham fan)
4 - Coming back at Woolwich's shithole to beat them 3-2. Always a special match.
3 - The last NLD Derby at The Lane. 2-0 inside 2 minutes, to make sure we finished above The Scum for the first time in decades. Just a signature moment in the rivalry's history.
2 - CL QuarterFinal v City. The spirit we showed on that match was just incredible. Very "un-Tottenham" like (sad but true)
1- CL Semifinal v Ajax. Same as above, but the fact that we made it to the Final on the LAST SECOND just made it 100x better.

Worst:
5 - 5-1 Newcastle. Just a terrible dissapointment and the consequences were terrible.
4 - 7-2 Bayern. Lost to my old man's team in a brutal way. Don't want to think about it.
3 - 2015 League Cup Final v Chavs. Was so hyped for that game, only to end up in us getting beat 2-0.
2 - CL Final. Have not seen a highlight of that game since it happened. Not even their celebrations.
1 - FA Cup Semifinal defeat to Man United. Why? My birthday is 21st April 1998. Look up when that match happened...

Top 5:

Crouch goal versus City for CL
Crouch goal in Milan in R16 CL
Kane goal from edge of the area against Woolwich in 2016
Llorente goal against City in QF CL
Moura hat trick goal against Ajax in SF CL

Bottom 5:

Crouch sent off and get destroyed by Real in CL QF
Drogba goal and penalty winning goal against Bayern in CL final
Blowing a 2-0 lead at the Emirates to lose 5-2 in 2012
5-0 loss at home to Liverpool in AVB’s last game in charge
7-2 loss at home to Bayern

Aside from the obvious Ajax, Madrid, Inter, Chavs away etc ... some of my favourite ‘less obvious’ games as a match-going fan...

Chelsea H April 2010 2-1 win - one of the most complete performances I’ve ever seen from us against the best Chelsea side IMHO. Having beaten Arse a few days earlier, this victory felt unreal. Beautiful scenes on a sunny afternoon.

Fiorentina H Feb 2016 3-0 win - atmosphere was WHL at its peak with an infamous ‘Shelf Side / Park Lane’ chant that went on for what felt like 20 minutes.

Stoke A April 2016 4-0 win - amazing atmosphere and away day as we dreamed of a PL title (didn’t last).

Chelsea H Jan 2017 2-0 win - complete domination on and off the pitch. Poch seemed like God back then.

But I have to come back to an obvious one and the last match at WHL. It was beautiful, fitting, emotional, heart-breaking, still almost unbelievable... I miss the old girl so much. But to go unbeaten in her last year was so special. We were so good to watch that season.

Kranjkar when he came on as a sub really poised off and scored a thirty yarder into the top corner to the win the match... Kin get in!

ac milan away with it's brutal bravery

harry kane verses chelsea... 5-3

lucas moura verses ajax

tom - pick that fooker out - huddlestone

reading that luka modric wanted to leave tottenham

the england job, muamba, court case, stratford, heart attack, john terry the racist cunt of a year that was!

erik lamela

signing saha and the captain and not taking that big chance

poch in / poch out heartbreaking end to such a grand man

Back
Top Bottom